I apologize to everyone I've Woo'd

Options
I'm a newbie and too lazy to read rules. I thought Woo meant great, like Woo Hoo! So, I've Woo'd a few folk. I meant well. I'm sorry.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    :lol: Nobody really cares, and no one can tell who wooed who. :lol:
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yesssss :D:D:D

I did this too lol
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I was afraid to use it at first because I didn't want some woman thinking I was trying to woo her. The person who decided on woo clearly did not bother with looking up the definition. I suppose it is meant to be sarcastic which is not immediately understandable.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Since I mostly get woo when stating facts, I assume they know what it means and are arguing the facts.
  • pztodd
    pztodd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So where are these rules then and what does the woo mean? Is it not a good woo?? :/:/
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Sheluvsbread2much Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    pztodd wrote: »
    So where are these rules then and what does the woo mean? Is it not a good woo?? :/:/

Well, I read a definition somewhere in a thread and assumed that there's a rule book somewhere.... Perhaps Woo is a good thing and somebody else got it wrong and look what they did!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    pztodd wrote: »

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10570889/new-community-reaction-woo#latest
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    And also, the tongue-in-cheek or possibly thumbs-up woo on posts referencing the ambiguity and uselessness of the Woo response ... my personal favorite.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    :lol: Nobody really cares, and no one can tell who wooed who. :lol:

It does bother some people to get woos so it isn't true that nobody really cares. There have been many threads about it.
    You are right that no one knows who wooed who though.

To OP- The meaning of woo is negative here. It is a confusing button. People know that. People have asked for it to be changed to something less confusing. Stop using the woo button and don't worry about it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that can see the emoji that looks like someone just ate a sour patch kid or heard a long explanation completely devoid of logic?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that can see the emoji that looks like someone just ate a sour patch kid or heard a long explanation completely devoid of logic?

You can't really see WTF the emoji is doing on the website. It doesn't look at all like the one in the app.