Scone and banana bread recipes

Options
emmarosegibson
emmarosegibson Posts: 36 Member
Hi all

I would like some scone and some banana bread recipes if anyone has any? As healthy as you could possibly make them! I love scones and the kids want to make our own and I don't want to deny myself one

Thanks

X

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 12 • Serving Size: 1 scone • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 199.6 • Fat: 8.1 g • Protein: 3.7 g • Carb: 29.8 g • Fiber: 2.3 g • Sugar: 12.8 g
    Sodium: 257.4 mg

Ingredients:

3/4 cup cold buttermilk
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 large egg
    1 cup all purpose flour (Bob's Red Mill)
    1 cup white whole wheat flour (Bob's Red Mill)
    1 tbsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    3 tbsp chilled butter (must be cold) cut into small pieces
    3/4 cup chocolate chips
    cooking spray
    1 large egg white, lightly beaten
    1 1/2 tbsp sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°. Combine the first four ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in chilled butter with a pastry blender, or you could use 2 knives, until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Add milk mixture, stirring just until moist.

Place dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly four times with floured hands. Form dough into an 9-inch circle onto baking sheet, about 3/4" thick. Using a knife, cut dough into 12 wedges all the way through.

Brush egg white over dough and sprinkle evenly with sugar. Bake until golden, about 18-20 minutes, depending on your oven. Serve warm.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Found this recipe on cookieandkate.com

Low fat, whole wheat blueberry lemon scones

Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    3 tablespoons turbinado (raw cane) sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
    zest of one lemon
    1 cup blueberries (I used frozen but fresh would be even better!)
    1/2 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt (I used 0% fat yogurt by Fage)
    1/2 cup low fat milk (I used 2%)

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 425°.
    Combine flours, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
    Slice butter and drop into dry ingredients. If you have a pastry cutter, use it to cut the butter into the flour. If you don’t have a pastry cutter, use a knife to cut the butter into tiny pieces and mix it into the flour.
    Add blueberries and lemon zest and gently stir. You can use frozen blueberries, no thawing necessary.
    Gently mix in milk and yogurt. Eventually you’ll need to use your hands to knead the last of the flour into the dough.
    Form dough into a circle about that’s about an inch deep all around. Cut the circle into 8 slices.
    Separate slices and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or foil.
    Sprinkle the tops of the scones with a bit of raw sugar.
    Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown.
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's - go get their pancake mix. It has a scone recipe on the box...best one I've found. And just add whatever you want - I've done craisins, blueberry, cinnamon chip.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I have a great healthy peanut butter banana bread recipe that I got from a site I subscribe to. Can't post the recipe here, but contact me if you'd like it.