Healthy

Options
In October-January I went through a difficult phase where I lost about 9 pounds from an original weight of 115 to 106. I was not eating at all. In February I started working out, going about twice a week. I’ve gradually increased going to the gym to about 3-4 a week since the middle of March and I go for about an hour. I’ve increased my weights significantly in lifting since I began and I have also begun biking. However, I now weigh 122 lbs. I know my BMI is 23.1 and I still fit into my size 0 jeans, but I’ve been eating A LOT more recently since working out. Is this weight gain due to fat or muscle? Is 122 lbs an acceptable weight without looking too fat or bulky for my height?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What is your height?

The only way to know for sure what is muscle and what is fat is to have accurate before and after body scans.

With the title of your thread: it sounds like you are healthy now, but health is like equilibrium: it is the long term that matters.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    And what height would that be?
  • LOC1222
    LOC1222 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’1
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Do you like the way you look and feel? This is all that matters.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,674 Member
    Options
    I don't think that anybody fitting in size 0 clothes should realistically be concerned about being too big.

It sure sounds like you've needed every single lb you've acquired
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I don't think that anybody fitting in size 0 clothes should realistically be concerned about being too big.

It sure sounds like you've needed every single lb you've acquired

Agreed. I'm 4" taller and about 20 lbs heavier than OP, which I believe is a relative equivalent. I'm in a size 2 and people who see me in regular clothes still think I'm "skinny." :#
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You sound a good weight for your height but if you a are size 0 then that tells you all you need to know - you're lean.