Low carb diet

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    jqueme5 wrote: »
    My nutritionist advised me to raise net carbs one day a week in order to avoid metabolism stalling. For instance adding 1 starchy veggie or small portion of a favorite dessert. Try it. It works.

That is not how the refeed science works. It's more than just increasing carbs one day. It's multiple consecutive days, along with, eating at maintenance. But one should also be consuming adequate protein (1.5-2.2g/kg) daily and doing some sort of resistance training.
  • perez5628
    perez5628 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    And as for not feeling full, from what I've recently read, a person should up their daily cals enough to just feel content, but not too full. If after eating and you never really feel content throughout the day, it prob means your eating too little calories. Just add in a little more cals til you hit that sweet spot cal range where you do feel satisfied! :)

That might help my situation as well. I'm eating a lot of veggies for snacking during the day and salads for lunch, I'll add some protein throughout the day maybe that will Help.
  • perez5628
    perez5628 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    so by limiting your carbs to about 50 g while eating 1300 calories you lost weight?

No I lost weight by going to a 1200 calories and the low carb is now my health goal
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    so by limiting your carbs to about 50 g while eating 1300 calories you lost weight?

By limiting to 1300 cals they lost weight.

or this..........................

By limiting to calories to anything less than maintenance they lost weight