how much weight do you think i could lose by doing this?

goodtroyes
goodtroyes Posts: 11 Member
if i eat:

2 wheatabix and a banana

salad and soup

a fairly healthy dinner

and fruit for snacks

and exercise every day for two months, how much weight do you think i could lose?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    What's youe height and weight, how much exercise are we talking, how many calories in that food? More interesting, how religiously and long do you think you could stick to such a rigid, albeit loose, plan?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    Like has already been said, it's about staying within your calorie goal. Doesn't matter what or when you eat and it really doesn't have to be exercising every day. You can't out-exercise eating too much.

Just start. Keep good records, adjust as you go. One day at a time, you'll get there.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Weigh, measure and log. Not all bananas are born equal, certainly not all soups or salads are born equal. What constitutes a healthy family meal? If you have weight you want to lose you need to be sure of how many calories you need (mfp will aid you) and how many you are actually eating (mfp logging will help you). I feel quite strongly that some form of exercise should be built into everyone's lifeplan regardless of their weight. I suggest you find an activity that you enjoy and build it into your life - you will need to if you want to reach old age with a healthy body.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Set your activity level and stats into MFP. Choose a rate of loss, like one pound per week. Be accurate and diligent about logging your calories. Eat back 50% to 75% of the calories burned during exercise. You might lose 6 to 8 pounds, depending on how heavy your body is right now. Good luck!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited April 2018
    Specificity matters. For example, from your description your calories, based on entries from the food database, could be roughly:

2WB + Full Cream Milk + Large Banana
    Caesar Salad + Large Chowder
    Dried Dates + Another Large Banana
    Unspecified "healthy" Dinner
    = 3500 calories

Or
    2Wb + Skim Milk + Small Banana
    Garden Salad + Clear Vegi Soup
    Cranberries + Apricot
    Unspecified "healthy" Dinner
    = 750 calories

So based on your information that eating pattern (disregarding exercise entirely) could either make you gain significant weight or have you severely malnourished.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    You haven't provided nearly enough information. Don't make this harder than it needs to be. Just put your info into MFP and eat the number of calories it tells you to eat. It's honestly that simple.