Walking, carrying infant or 1 stone load

Options
ceiswyn
ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
...why, exactly, MFP, does logging this actually give me fewer calories back than just logging the unladen walk?

It strikes me that without the ability to specify the actual speed at which I'm lugging about this 1 stone load, this particular cardio exercise is just a snare and a delusion placed there to trap the unwary.

(Why yes, yes I am a bit grumpy that apparently lugging a backpack of groceries and a 5kg bag of cat litter for a mile and a half gets me nothing but sore arms, why do you ask)

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter? Log it as you please. Monitor your weight loss/gain. If it is moving in the direction you like, continue. If your weight is moving counter to your goals, adjust.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Does it matter that the exercise database is as full of pointless and deceptive entries as the food database is? I'd say 'yes'.

Am I allowed to be annoyed by it? Yes.

Is it worth flagging up to others that some of the exercise DB entries may not work as they expect? I'm going with 'yes' again.

I'm not looking for advice, thanks.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    "I'm not looking for advice, thanks. " So you posted just to complain? If you're not happy with the site, leave.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Does it really matter? Log it as you please. Monitor your weight loss/gain. If it is moving in the direction you like, continue. If your weight is moving counter to your goals, adjust.

I second this.

Yes, you are allowed to be annoyed, but a vent is more appropriate on your private wall in my opinion. The forum is more for people actually wanting help and answers.