Apple Watch Users/feeling frustrated

Options
I am new to the Apple Watch and I'm having difficulties figuring it out.

I have tried the tutorials, but I'm not finding the answers I need.

I'm trying to get the correct of amount of "MOVE" calories that I should be burning, it defaulted to 270 which is not nearly enough. I'm not sure how to calculate the correct setting amount.

Also, is there a way, (like fitbit) to calculate your calories in and out and determine how many calories need to be burned based on your food intake - with the Apple watch?

I hope what I'm asking makes sense. I'm just so used to the fitbit app and it's so user friendly. Apple- no so much...

Any input would be appreciated.

TIA

Replies

• getskinny1973
    getskinny1973 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    when ur at the move screen, pressure hold it down and u can change the goal. mine is set to 700

I don't believe there is a way to determine how many calories u need to burn- it gives you a total summary of how much u burned daily including activities

That's disappointing, I should have stuck with Fitbit, that is my favorite feature, that it tells me how many calories I have remaining at the end of the day to either eat or work off.

I figured out how to change the goal, I just don't know, based on my height, weight, etc what it should be set at to ensure I'm burning the right amount of calories per day.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I think the app CaliCalo for the Apple Watch ( when the app is set to sync to MFP) does exactly what you describe.
  • getskinny1973
    getskinny1973 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    I think the app CaliCalo for the Apple Watch ( when the app is set to sync to MFP) does exactly what you describe.

Thank you, I'll try it out!!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Every week you use it it will learn - Sunday night usually it will suggest a new goal for you to accept or alter. You can also force touch on the Activity screen and set your own. Mine is set to 400 - I'm age 40, 5'5 and 130 and in good shape so not a big burner of calories.

You can totally find your total calorie burn but in the Health app, not on the Watch. Add your active and resting and there it is.

CaliCalo is good (premium is, anyway) but don't obsess with matching the numbers, the usable calories it gives is an average of the previous seven days, not an exact number you can match day to day from the Health app.