Low Calorie Foods, That Fill You Up.

Options
Hello,

I started a desk job in January, and have gained about 15lbs since then. I believe this is due to the fact that when I first started the job and things were slow, I would look for something to do (I eat when I'm bored) and many of the foods available to me are very junky fast foods. I recently decided to start bringing my own lunch from home. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on low calorie foods, that keep you full.

Thank You :)

Replies

• MissMaz
    MissMaz Posts: 92
    Options
    Hi hun, I know the feeling. I am/was a boredom eater. I'm changing up my snacks this week and going for raw carrot sticks and baby carrots for snacks. I've also found that the full size rice cakes (cheese flavour) are pretty good. Two of those seem to do a better job than the bag of mini ones.

Good luck!
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Danone Shape Zero yoghurts are really thick and filling. I have same problem of working in office and eating when bored. I now take a mid morning snack of fresh melon cut into small chunks, raspberries and then cover them with the yoghurt, take time eating it and it keeps me going till lunch time.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I started a desk job in January, and have gained about 15lbs since then. I believe this is due to the fact that when I first started the job and things were slow, I would look for something to do (I eat when I'm bored) and many of the foods available to me are very junky fast foods. I recently decided to start bringing my own lunch from home. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on low calorie foods, that keep you full.

Thank You :)
    Proteins such as chicken, fish, etc. are low cal, low fat, and definitely keep a handle on your hunger in part because they contain healthy fats.
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i have the EXACT same problem (eating when im bored)! i thought i was weird because i've never heard anyone else doing this before. glad to see i'm not crazy *lol*.
    anyways, to help curb my boredom eating, i bought an air popper ($18) and a bag of popcorn kernels. 3 tablespoons of kernels (which equals a HUGE bowl of popcorn when popped) is 120 calories and i'm usually quite full afterwards. sometimes to the point where popcorn is lunch. anyways, it's quick (3 mins to pop) and delicious, once you get used to eating unsalted, unbuttered popcorn that is.