So I sleep ate last night...

Options
2»

Replies

• JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've been known to get up to use the bathroom and instead of going back to bed, making a peanut butter on a spoon pit stop in the kitchen... half asleep. I log it as AM snack the next day and then ask myself "WTF?"
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    staraly wrote: »
    Padlocking won't work. When we sleepwalk and do tasks, our hind brain is in control so we retain all of our motor skills. What we can't do is make rational decisions which is why you can be aware of your actions but not stop them.

Yes. This.
  • frankiesgirlie
    Options
    Did you by chance have night terrors as a kid?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Did you by chance have night terrors as a kid?

No and I think my sleepwalking episodes as a child never even hit double digits. It was really mild stuff like digging through my closet or something.
  • frankiesgirlie
    Options
    Please let us know how this plays out for you. I wish you all the best!!
  • NovusDies
    Options
    The verdict is in. The chicken was not done enough or I cross-contaminated in the process of cooking it. I felt decent until just after lunch and it has been a rough ride since. I am confused though because isn't it normally just a couple of days to get sick? It has been 4 1/2 days. I guess if I cross-contaminated and didn't catch it I could have become infected later than the sleep event.

• duncanguy2018
    duncanguy2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Madison feels as if a hammock over a bed of flowers would help because the smell is so relaxing and makes you stay in bed
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    The verdict is in. The chicken was not done enough or I cross-contaminated in the process of cooking it. I felt decent until just after lunch and it has been a rough ride since. I am confused though because isn't it normally just a couple of days to get sick? It has been 4 1/2 days. I guess if I cross-contaminated and didn't catch it I could have become infected later than the sleep event.

Such a bummer! So sorry and hope you feel better soon. I would have thought you would have felt symptoms within 24 hours? Idk. You have my sympathy.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Such a bummer! So sorry and hope you feel better soon. I would have thought you would have felt symptoms within 24 hours? Idk. You have my sympathy.

In the past it usually hit me in closer to the 2.5 - 3 day mark so that is why I thought I was out of the woods. I have already made up some basic stock soup and I have my emergency supply of ginger ale so at least I have something to try tomorrow. No way I am trying anything tonight.

Thanks for your kind words.

• leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I was so stricken by this post that I thought of it constantly after I read it yesterday. I can't imagine the fear and panic that accompanies this disorder. Sleep eating or sleep walking must be so frightening. The risk of harm is great. Please take care of yourself and seek help if this continues.
  • can111
    can111 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My husband's 4 sisters are all sleep eaters, just to different degrees. One had it diagnosed as a sleep disorder. However they all have long histories of this not isolated incidents. There are many hilarious stories when you get the 4 of them comparing notes. Best wishes to you!
  • NovusDies
    Options
    @leejoyce31 Sorry to make you dwell on it. The first day after I was messed up more than I realized but it has gradually started to fade into the background. A little less right this moment because I am just getting over the chicken (I hope).

@can111 I like humor at my own expense. Not quite ready to laugh about it yet though.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    @leejoyce31 Sorry to make you dwell on it. The first day after I was messed up more than I realized but it has gradually started to fade into the background. A little less right this moment because I am just getting over the chicken (I hope).

@can111 I like humor at my own expense. Not quite ready to laugh about it yet though.

No apologies needed. I was concerned for you, and hoped that this was an isolated incident.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    I used to sleepwalk, Id hide crap from myself all the time and once I woke up to my mom asking me what i was doing, apparently I walked to the living room and tried to change the channel on the TV. My husband still does stuff in his sleep. twice he thought I was a man and pushed me out of bed while screaming "what the *kitten* are you doing in my bed" he has walked through the house doing random things, He yells at me telling me im not suppose to be at his work and im going to get him fired, hes searched for the water that was supposedly running in our closet. Ya hes a fun one to sleep next to :D

And now my 9 year old sleep walks, ugh.