Why doesn't this post to the news feed?

Options
I don't actually care if it does or not, but I'm just curious why, when I create an exercise and log it (because I can't find anything that matches in the database), it doesn't post to the news feed, but if I log an exercise using a preexisting entry, it does? Thanks :)

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... MFP being MFP?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Hmmm... MFP being MFP?

My thought too
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    #features
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'll take a guess. I assume the custom created exercises are stored in a database table that is only available to your account. Whereas, the public Exercise Database entries are stored in a public table. It could be that the software script that runs only pulls from the public table when posting to the news feed.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    I'll take a guess. I assume the custom created exercises are stored in a database table that is only available to your account. Whereas, the public Exercise Database entries are stored in a public table. It could be that the software script that runs only pulls from the public table when posting to the news feed.

This is kind of what I figured.

What's curious, though, is that in the past I've created entries that are now in my "recent exercises" list and do post. But I notice the last couple I've created aren't on the list. Makes me think something is different, which as has been said, may just be one of those adorable MFP quirks ;)

BTW, I'm not engaged in some bizarre exercise regimen no one's ever heard of ;) In the past, I've made entries using a specific dvd title instead of the generic "low-impact aerobics", and the other day I made an entry for raking leaves.