Need tip's to loose few pounds and slight fat on stomach?

Options
I weigh 7 stone 3, and want to get down to about 6 stone 13. I have slight fat around my stomach and I just can't seem to get rid of it.
Any tips or exercise's that work!

Thanks! :)

Replies

• cowgirlupkelly
    Options
    Caloric deficit and strength training with cardio. I know easier said than done.

You can't spot reduce.
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    Do as many exercises that work your core as possible...... planks on elbows and toes, side planks, bridge (lying on back on floor knees up then raise your hips off the floor while squeezing your butt hold for 3-5 secs and release, then do this many, many times), leg lunges, cross over crunch (lying on back on floor take left hand and pull right knee over chest and hold for 5-10 sec, switch and take right hand and pull left knee over chest for 5-10 sec. Do both sides 5 times each), back extensions (lying on tummy hands flat by your sides, raise your chest off the ground while squeezing your butt and hold for 3-5 secs and release. Do this 15 times). Bicyles (Lie on back and place your hands behind your head, lightly supporting it with your fingers. Bring the knees in to the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on the neck. Rotate to the left, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee as you straighten the other leg. Switch sides, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee. Continue alternating sides in a 'pedaling' motion for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps) and Push ups are good too. I do most of these several times a day and they are all great for your middle section as well as your back. I also put in neck rolls, heads tilts and should blade squeeze that help relax and strengthen your neck and upper back as well. These are low impact exercises which are great if you have lower back issues at all.
    Planks, side planks, bridge, back extensions, neck rolls, head tilt and shoulder blade squeeze are my main and favorite exercises that I do several times a day. They don't take very long to do either so you can squeeze them in like 3-4 times a day.
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit and strength training with cardio. I know easier said than done.

You can't spot reduce.

This is sound advice. But followed by this...
    Do as many exercises that work your core as possible...... planks on elbows and toes, side planks, bridge (lying on back on floor knees up then raise your hips off the floor while squeezing your butt hold for 3-5 secs and release, then do this many, many times), leg lunges, cross over crunch (lying on back on floor take left hand and pull right knee over chest and hold for 5-10 sec, switch and take right hand and pull left knee over chest for 5-10 sec. Do both sides 5 times each), back extensions (lying on tummy hands flat by your sides, raise your chest off the ground while squeezing your butt and hold for 3-5 secs and release. Do this 15 times). Bicyles (Lie on back and place your hands behind your head, lightly supporting it with your fingers. Bring the knees in to the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on the neck. Rotate to the left, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee as you straighten the other leg. Switch sides, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee. Continue alternating sides in a 'pedaling' motion for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps) and Push ups are good too. I do most of these several times a day and they are all great for your middle section as well as your back. I also put in neck rolls, heads tilts and should blade squeeze that help relax and strengthen your neck and upper back as well. These are low impact exercises to which are great if you have lower back issues at all.
    Planks, side planks, bridge and back extensions are my 4 main and favorite exercises that I do several times a day. They don't take very long to do either so you can squeeze them in like 3-4 times a day.

Where does this stuff come from? I mean, all those exercises are great, but they are only going to give you a sixpack under the flab, not get rid of the flab. Follow the first advice.
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    Not true........ those exercises help significantly with weight loss if you're also eatting healthy. And they help strenghten and define those specific areas around your middle and your back. People do things differently I guess, I do what I said 4 times a day during work as well as brisk walking and playing with my daughter and dogs at night and eating healthly and I've lost 52.8 lbs in less than 5 months just doing this alone. I add free weights and resistant bands a few times a week as well. It sounds like you just want to tone up a bit and don't really have too much to lose.