How do you know if your supps are good quality?

Options
Let's discuss

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Blood test.

Anecdotally I perked up noticeably when I added more vitamin D and more B12. Both times.
  • HaPawleyFit17
    HaPawleyFit17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How about with respect to specifically protein powders?
  • HaPawleyFit17
    HaPawleyFit17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    There have been links posted here in the recent past to testing done on protein powders. If you poke around either in Food & Nutrition or Gaining Weight you should find them.

Thank you!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I just pick up whey protein isolate and mix up my own.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    There have been links posted here in the recent past to testing done on protein powders. If you poke around either in Food & Nutrition or Gaining Weight you should find them.

Thank you!

This one is often posted: https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I thought this would be about vitamin and mineral supplements! In my view mostly you get what you pay for.

The more expensive ones tend to comprise the listed vitamins/minerals in a form which are more readliy accepted by the body. I've discovered what works best for me, in part from the advice of my British qualified Nutritionist, and then by doing my own reading, from as many reputable places as possible.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Supps meaning supper? Yes, good quality.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Examine.com

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Well what kind of supplements.
    The kind used by the average person or the kind used for competitive bodybuilding? And are you promoting that kind?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Whatever isn’t sold at Walmart.....
    To be honest, most are fine in terms of protein effectiveness/ quality. What you pay for though when it comes to higher prices is taste, texture, add ins, company name...etc