Salad dressings

Options
2»

Replies

• JoanJanis
    JoanJanis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find that I use less dressing always if I put the salad in a huge bowl, pour on a small amount of dressing and really stir it up so that everything is coated, then transfer to the plate. If I pour dressing onto the salad on the plate, it always takes more. Sometimes can limit dressing by putting it on the side, and dipping into it.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms Raspberry Vinaigrette. Only 5 calories for 2 TBSPS.
  • haylzrich83
    haylzrich83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omfg you gotta try ranch. Use high protein greek yoghurt and a "ranch" seasoning of 1tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, dried parsley, sea salt and 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper. Sooo good.
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I always use 1TBSP of Olive Oil with 3TBSP Balsamic vinegar
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I actually make my own with a Italian dressing seasoning packet to provide the spices. It is called Zesty Italian and it is a dry pack of seasoning that you add to your own oil and vinegar. I use APC plus MCT oil and a squeeze of lemon and flax seeds. It is the most delicious in the world. Low carbs, almost no sugar and good healthy fats.

https://www.amazon.com/Good-Seasons-Dressing-Italian-6-Ounce/dp/B000E1FZBY/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1525443118&sr=8-3&keywords=zesty+italian+seasoning&th=1
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I use salsa for my salad dressing. Tastes great and only 5 calories per Tablespoon. Doesn't get much better than that :)
  • 3mango
    3mango Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always make my own.
    The vinegar is key.
    A basic is white balsamic vinaigrette (Trader Joe’s) or rice vinegar gourmet Kikoman brand it has a yellow top. No other but yellow top.

Olive oil
    White balsamic
    One garlic clove (either pressed or blender)
    Pick one: orange slices, tangerine,
    Raspberries, blackberries or a little lemon
    If no press for garlic use a hand blender or normal blender to make an emulsion. Taste on lettuce or tomato add zero cal sweetener if needed
  • scoots14
    scoots14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mmm I just made one with dill weed, light sour cream, black pepper, garlic powder and fresh lemon juice and a little bit of sugar, it's delicious!