Post-baby weight loss

Options
Some people breathe and the baby weight comes off - or any weight for that matter. About 5 years before getting pregnant I had lost 190 pounds. On my own - no surgery or crazy program. Now, the baby is a year old and I’m still struggling with the last 18 pounds. I work out and I eat fine but I am so frustrated. Looking for some guidance and motivation.

Replies

• spiffintiff
    spiffintiff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with a similar amount after having 2 babies close together. Every time I got serious about fitness and food I could lose about 10 lbs but not the next 20. My weight and measurements would freeze. This time I didn't give up. I researched plateaus (on YouTube
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    The comment about how easy it is for other people to lose weight isn't fair to those people who, from the outside looking in, make weight loss effortless. Everyone loses weight by eating less calories than they burn. To assume that someone else just breathes and it comes off is kind of a dig to that person who might be really working hard to lose weight.

Unfortunately eating fine isn't enough to lose weight. You have to calculate, accurately, what you're eating. I suggest using a food scale and identifying how many calories you need to eat a day to be at a calorie deficit. MFP will do that for you. You can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!