The weight of an airplane

Options
SisterSueGetsFit
SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
edited April 2018 in Motivation and Support
Without too much backstory, I used to do contract legal work for Boeing. I had a conversation with them one day about how the planes are built. They told me it’s important to build them with the lightest material possible, even if it cost more, because “planes get heavy once ounce at a time.” I was thinking about this today. We as humans, also get heavy one ounce at a time. Sometimes I get frustrated to see the scale reflect only a few ounces lost. But ounces equal pounds. You can’t lose pounds without losing ounces first. Does it cost more to lose ounces (better food, new running shoes, food scales)? Yea, probably. But does it make the body/plane better and safer? Absolutely. So from here on out, I will consider each ounce a success. In two and a half years I’ve had 720 successes, and that pretty damn terrific. Wishing you all a success or two this week.

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Very insightful and made me think. Same equation to put the excess on....same equation to take it off!
    Of course we would all like to hack it off with a meat cleaver NOW but not realistic!
    Thanks for my thought of the day! :)
  • dsboohead
    Options
    Thought again:
    Takes cheap crap to put it on but you need quality goods for health and losses at its best <3
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Thought again:
    Takes cheap crap to put it on but you need quality goods for health and losses at its best <3

I agree. While you certainly CAN take it off eating junk, it’s a lot better fuel for your body if you use quality goods.

• dsboohead
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Thought again:

I agree. While you certainly CAN take it off eating junk, it’s a lot better fuel for your body if you use quality goods.

Yep...you can take it off but doesn't make you healthy. Just like you can be fat and unhealthy....you can also be skinny and unhealthy!