What do these numbers mean on my home page

Options
1480 Goal
1486 Food
-
529 Exercise
=

Okay, I get the first three. 1480 is my goal. 1486 is how much I've logged for food and 529 is how much I logged for exercise which leaves the last number 957 (net). Am I suppose to be shooting for something specific there?

Replies

• fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    1486 calories consumed, minus 529 calories burned through exercise, equals 957 net calories for the day.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    And netting, is where the 1200 calories that you're suppose to get is? Meaning I've netted to low for the day?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    And netting, is where the 1200 calories that you're suppose to get is? Meaning I've netted to low for the day?

Theoretically, yes. MFP wants you to net at least 1200 calories every day.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options

Theoretically, yes. MFP wants you to net at least 1200 calories every day.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when planning my macros.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Ironically until my twins raided my smoothie, my numbers would have been perfect. :)
  • atibrat
    atibrat Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So if you are at 1200 calories a day and you burn 200 from exercise you should eat 1400? Is that correct
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    So if you are at 1200 calories a day and you burn 200 from exercise you should eat 1400? Is that correct
    Correct.

OP, MFP will adjust your macros based on the percentage you have set in your goals as it increases your total calories. There shouldn't be any need to manually adjust them. :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Correct.

OP, MFP will adjust your macros based on the percentage you have set in your goals as it increases your total calories. There shouldn't be any need to manually adjust them. :)

I just meant, figure out what to eat according to the already set macros. I have them adjusted where I want them.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Well your net should actually be your goal - rather than aiming low for 1200. But yes, at LEAST 1200 - preferably your goal if you're following MFP as intended.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    MFP didn't set you at 1200....get that irrelevant number out of your head. You should aim to get your net to equal your calorie goal...so you're eating back those exercise calories.