Your Current Thoughts

What is going on in your life right now that is directly affecting your progress? Good or bad. What is on your mind?

Replies

• Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    For me, I've got 1 week left to finish my thesis. I am close, like, 15 pages or so, from finishing, and only just now feeling positive about finishing on time with a good grade.

I'm looking forward to ending: nights of 4 hours sleep, a bag of chips for dinner, a pizza for all meals on a weekend.
    I'm looking forward to beginning: real meals again, consistent exercise again, real sleep, less stress.

Weight loss has been the focus of my journey, and these last 3 or 4 weeks have really set me back due to 100% of free time being devoted to the paper. But no more! Well, as of this coming Friday anyway haha.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Way to go on finishing your thesis!

I've had some health issues I am trying to sort out. I've been maintaining for awhile. Just started a new medication.
    I'm hoping to feel better and move forward with my weight loss in the next month or two.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    I started Topamax a month ago for binge eating and other than 2 binges around my period (tmi), I did not binge! I also owe it to pre-planning meals at least 2 days in advance. Hoping for a good upcoming month!
    Have a nice night.
  • taylorhudson2185
    taylorhudson2185 Posts: 7 Member
    Recently applied for the nursing program and I find out this month if I was accepted! It’s been a long time goal of mine and am motivated to lose weight and focus on my health before I hopefully start the program, because I want to be a positive role model!
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    I'm also a student but I suffer from pretty bad anxiety so I have a lot of nervous energy and am constantly moving or tapping. I've found that exercise is a good way to help make me feel calmer but this combined with the non-stop small movements and fidgeting has put my metabolism through the roof and I'm struggling to keep weight on. There once was a time when I would have loved being able to eat everything in sight and still lose but the side effects from anxiety are really awful and I'm now at the point where I'm losing weight to the point of losing good curves and looking a bit scrawny instead of just slim.

Not weight related, I'm also struggling because when I'm in a stressed or anxious state I crave sugar and white carbs but these are really bad for my skin so a breakout on top of anxiety is less than ideal.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    I just recently had a pretty serious surgery and am still recovering---until today I was not allowed to lift more than 5 lbs, and haven't quite been released to regular activity yet. Until all the wounds heal swimming is out, and that's my go-to stress relief and total body workout. It's been a pretty sedentary 6 weeks. The second factor is Tamoxifen, which I will need to be on for the next 5 years. Prior to the surgery it was causing weight gain and increased appetite and I was already seeing the effects. Then add in 6 weeks of recliner-sitting and eating and you have the perfect formula for weight gain. Lastly and probably most importantly we have my own crappy choices. I've been eating my feelings and letting myself indulge whenever the urge hit and nobody calls me out on it, including myself because cancer. (Which is totally out of my body so really, it's just an excuse). So with recovery well under way and the cancer gone the next potential speedbump is my upcoming birthday.

Right now the plan is to (1) slowly begin moving more---replacing my lunchtime nap with a 20 minute walk a couple of times a week, and (2) eat within macros at least until my birthday in 2 weeks.

CONGRATS on your thesis. Do you have to defend it as well?
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    I've got a running race this weekend and then again in June, so running is giving me a wicked calorie burn each week. Also - making me hungry!

I've got a work event end of the month that I'm motivated to lose 6 lbs for - then I'll be able to say I lose 30lbs since the same event last year. So, fairly positive influences right now :)
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    brookielaw wrote: »
    Right now the plan is to (1) slowly begin moving more---replacing my lunchtime nap with a 20 minute walk a couple of times a week, and (2) eat within macros at least until my birthday in 2 weeks.

This looks like a good, gentle plan. Easy does it but it'll get you moving in a positive direction. Wishing you a speedy recovery!