Blueberry Chocolate Protein Cheesecake Keto Type Version 2.0

Options
PaulChasinDreams
PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
I got this dessert idea from @crazyravr 's recipe. Thank you for the inspiration! His recipe is a lower calorie version. I'm doing keto with intermittent fasting and I focus mostly on my macro's so if anyone is interested in a higher fat, moderate protein, and lower carb desert then this one might be up your alley. I don't like things too sweet so this recipe is for a cake that is not very sweet so if you want it sweeter just add more sweetener to the recipe or whatever else you want.

I made my own chocolate to add both to the batter and also saved some to melt after to add to the top of the cake. I also saved some of the ground nuts and some of the blueberries for the topping. Those ingredients are all included in the nutrition break down list. See ingredients below and nutrient info. Only thing not listed here is the whipped topping I made for the topping which was just some heavy cream blended with some of the juice from the blueberries and some Stevia for a mild sweetness.

I used a 9" spring form pan which was lined with parchment and the pan and parchment paper was pre sprayed with non stick spray also.

Batter Ingredients:
450 grams regular cream cheese
460 grams unsweetened plain Greek Yogurt
1.25 cups wild blueberries (unsweetened from frozen-thawed and left on paper towel to remove some moisture)
80 grams unsweetened/unflavored whey isolate protein powder
3 medium eggs
1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3'rds of the chocolate block I made then chopped into little chunks and added to batter (1/3 of the chocolate block was saved to melt and add to the top of the cake) see chocolate ingredients list below
1 ounce of Brazil nuts and 1 ounce of Pecans finely crushed (don't grind them or they will get oily)
1 teaspoon of sea salt
5 small packets of Stevia (I use SweatLeaf each packet is .8 grams each)

Home made semi sweet chocolate ingredients:
57 grams bakers pure chocolate unsweetened then chopped into small pieces
3 small packets of stevia (see above which type I use)
3 tablespoons of melted Ghee
small pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of heavy cream (33% fat)
Melt chocolate in glass bowl over top of very low temp simmering water in a pot then add the other ingredients to it slowly as chocolate is melting. If it gets too hot the chocolate will clump and go hard and dry so take it off the heat if getting too hot. It only needs to get barely warm enough to melt it and keep mixing. Make sure no water, steam etc gets into the melting chocolate. That will also ruin the chocolate. If you want to make more of a sweeter milk chocolate then add more cream and more sweetener.

Mix all ingredients except chocolate and blueberries in large bowl with electric mixer for approx 3 minutes on low to medium speed setting then scoop around the edges to get all un mixed stuff into the center of bowl then mix again with the mixer for another minute or so on high speed setting. When done mixing fold in the chocolate chunks and blueberries by hand.

Then add batter to the parchment pre lined spring form pan and shake the pan on a table after you pour it all in so all batter spreads evenly in the pan and settles well.

Bake for 25 minutes in a pre heated 325 F oven then reduce temperature to 200F and bake for another 55 minutes. Then turn off oven and open the oven door half way but leave the cake inside so it drops the temperature of the cake slowly for about an hour. Leave the cake in the spring form pan the whole time and...After that hour put the cake out on the counter for another hour to cool more slowly at room temperature. Then with the cake still in the spring form pan, put it in the fridge overnight, then take out from fridge and put it into the freezer still in the spring form pan till it freezes solid.
Take it out of the freezer then remove the cake from the spring form pan. Then add your other toppings while it's still frozen; ie the melted chocolate, some of the ground nuts, more blue berries, the whip cream etc.. The cake cuts much better frozen so we put our toppings on while frozen, then cut it, then put it back in the deep freezer. That way it stays firm and perfectly cut until you want a piece.
When you want a piece and don't want to eat it frozen just put a slice into the fridge or leave it at room temperature till it's the consistency you want to eat it at. I like mine cold but thawed so I thaw mine in the fridge slowly.

Nutritional info per 100 gram piece:
Calories: 269
Fat: 19.8 grams
Carbs: 8.17 grams
Fibre: 1.29 grams
Net Carbs: 6.88 grams
Sugar: 4.98 grams
Protein: 14.6 grams
Cholesterol: 56.8 mg
Sodium: 388.8 mg
Potassium: 53.1 mg
Calcium: 14.7%
Iron: 6.7%
Vitamin A: 15.6 %
Vitamin C: 1.8%
Vitamin E: 1.5%

fywd6bq3zl4r.jpg
c7qfi7c1z5v5.jpg
8ako5fzn3rxo.jpg

Replies

• PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Ahhhhhmmmmmm that's why this worked. Great job adopting the recipe to your needs.

Thanks for the inspiration to make it :smile: