Small changes

Options
What's some small changes in your eating you've made to cut calories?

I have traded in candy bars for granola bars for when I want something sweet.

And I'm in the process of trying to trade in my Dr peppers for iced tea sweetened with sweet n low because I'm tired of wasting calories on drinks lol.

Replies

• rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I’ve traded in the dunkin coffee (150-200 calories) for my own with milk and sugar (40). Traded regular ruffles (or Doritos) for baked ruffles from the vending machine at work and traded ice cream for popcorn for dessert.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Try not to drink my calories too often.
    Plan for restaurant meals better.
    Stop snacking on thousands of calories of "healthy" almonds and pepitas. Now I reach for a small bag of something like Doritos when/if I want something salty in a hurry.
  • Neckita
    Neckita Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt bars instead of ice cream. Portion control and less sugar!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    i made big changes and my body has changed big time for doing it.

1. whole foods (no processed foods)
    2. no sodium
    3. no sugar
    4. no cheese
    5. no artificial sweeteners
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    A few Changes I've made:

I made a basket of controlled portion snacks, some healthy, some for the sugar cravings. All the savory snacks are 100 cals except for 2 items that are 140 (breakfast bar) and 200 (trail mix). I get most of my prepacked 100cal snacks at Aldi. They are only for work, and I can only have one.

Any candy in the basket is "fun size" and are under 100 Cals. I am trying to approach this as a manageable life change. If I cut candy out completely for a year, then go on maintenance and re-introduce it, I'll just fall back into bad old habits. Finding a small, reasonable place for it now means I'm human and will want some M&Ms from time to time. Just pre-measured m&m's, and not binging a whole bag from the convenience store.

I started just last week using a website and app called PrePear. I can load recipes or choose from their database, and meal plan. Then I prepped most of the things sunday night, then pre-logged the calories. Now I have easily accessible meals, anything else is quick and can be done right before eating that meal. I know ahead of time what I'm having, so I'm not hunger searching for the quickest option or hitting fast food.