Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Options
After alot of thought I have decided to give Weight Watchers another try. But online only not meetings. It's been several months since I have done WW so it's like I am having to learn it all over again. I downloaded the zero point list and am starting fresh tmrw. Would love to have some WW friends!! I am not completely giving up low carb I am still going to track everything on mfp, and watch my carb count but I am also going to keep track of my points on the WW app. So wish me luck and please keep the friend requests coming!! I need all the help and support that I can get!!

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I follow the Weight Watchers healthy guidelines but track on Myfitnesspal for financial reasons. I had great success with Weight Watchers in the past.
  • agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I added you as a friend.
  • S_Elizabeth11
    S_Elizabeth11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking on the iTrack Bites app for free
  • agrube1968
    Options
    Anyone else out there doing Weight watchers??
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm interested but was told the Smart Points plan is better than Freestyle and a friend also suggested ITrackBites. I'm not sure where to go for suggested foods.
  • smeebles
    smeebles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I lost 55 pounds on weight watchers. It’s a great program to start on to learn how to eat right. I did online only till I reached my goal weight and switched over to mfp since I couldn’t get lifetime status.
  • ejyennie
    ejyennie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started weight watchers in March: down 12.6 pounds: I lose 2 lbs, gain .2, lose 2....kind of frustrating. I lost 50 lbs on WW in 2006 and slowly gained 40 back since then. It seems much harder this time around. But I feel like it is doable: just taking longer! What I don't like about it is that there is no longer an online support like this: just the endless success stories(which are nice but not always what you need). I would love to have some WW friends! I am especially worried about my vacation next week...
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yes. I follow the guidelines but count calories to keep portions in control and to stay in a deficit. Otherwise I maintain.

Feel free to add me.
  • dnjbecker
    dnjbecker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am doing WW and paying for it but this time around with the freestyle in place I find it so hard for me to do!! I was constantly starving and seemed like I couldn’t eat anything carb wise except fruit. They lowered your daily points and made higher the points for food. Way to strict for me. Always loved WW until now
  • halleyucaldwell
    halleyucaldwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been using ITrackBites on SmartPoints and recently on Freestyle. Since September I have lost 41 pounds but over the past few months have just been gaining and losing 3 pounds. I switched back to MFP as a change of pace. Freestyle was way too restrictive for me. Plus I obsessed over points. That is no way to live!
  • agrube1968
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have quit trying to count points and do weight watchers. I gave it a good week and I wasn't losing and felt like I was starving. So I am doing low carb again; I know it's somewhat restrictive too but I know what I can and can't eat and I don't have to count points and stuff. I am keeping track on MFP and trying to keep my carb to 50 or less per day.
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started Weight Watchers on May 2nd of this year. In 5 weeks I've lost 16.2 lbs. I originally lost 100 lbs using MFP but after I had surgery for cancer I started to gain some back. My friend was on the Freestyle program so I thought I would try it. I still have 193 lbs to lose so I'm hoping to find some friends on the same journey