Looking for recipes with tuna

Options
NewBelinda2018
NewBelinda2018 Posts: 18 Member
Any suggestions on recipes with tuna? I'm attempting to remove pork and beef for 50 days from my diet. Any suggestions would be helpful

Replies

• jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great question, @bmitchell4273. I can only think of tuna salad and tuna noodle casserole, both of which use canned tuna.
  • NewBelinda2018
    NewBelinda2018 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @jlscherme .. In order for me to succeed at this journey I am going to need a variety of different meals to make. lol
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options

All the available foods are suitable for meals. There is nothing scary about learning to eat responsibly. Use a food scale to weigh your food. Log your food. Be honest, prompt, and truthful. If you consistently consume less food than your body needs to maintain the weight you have, you will lose weight.

• Semele0
    Semele0 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Uh, I could put tuna everywhere! Would you rather use canned or fresh tuna? Canned tuna I put it in pasta (i's perfect with just some lemon, or cooked with zucchini, or with tomato sauce, or added to a puttanesca), in salads (usually just lattuce and tomato, with some lemon and olive oil vinaigrette). I like it with beans (when I don't have time to really cook I open a can of cannellini bean, a can of tuna, and I'm done, just put some oil, salt, pepper and parsley), or in a sandwich (mixed with some mayo or better without, just a little bit of extra vergin olive oil. You could do everything with it, just remember is good with tomato, beans, lemon and parsley, and doesn't mix good with cheese. If you would rather eat it fresh, the perfect way for me is marinated for half an hour with olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper, parsley, and then grilled for just a couple of minutes It's perfect with pistachios, but a bit too caloric for me.
    Can I ask why only tuna and not other fishes? If you want some recipes for fish just ask, I don't eat meat so I cook plenty of fish
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Tuna patties
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,720 Member
    Options
    For fresh tuna steaks: tuna tataki, poke, salade nicoise.
  • jpb6045
    jpb6045 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very good reply. I totally agree with you
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Rather than eliminating pork and beef which I assume you enjoy, why not cut back a bit and introduce more fish and poultry. There's nothing inherently unhealthy about pork and beef and I think one of the reasons you're struggling and feeling overwhelmed from your other posts is that you're trying to eliminate things you enjoy.

Nutritious doesn't have to be bland and boring or all about eliminating a bunch of stuff...these are the reasons people fail time and time again. I think eating more fish is a good idea, but you're going to get sick of tuna pretty quick if that's all you're doing. You can diet and eat nutritiously, and still eat a wide variety.

Very good reply. I totally agree with you