Feeling overwhelmed

Options
I've started my 50 day challenge today. I am not sure why today I am feeling so afraid and overwhelmed and I just got started. I have never felt like this when it comes to starting something new. I am feeling like I am at a crossroad in my life and if Its now or never. Not for sure of the feeling of nervousness. Is it because I have failed so many times before and Im not getting any younger! Just a sense of I havent accomplished anything that I've stated I wanted to do for me. However I always seem to accomplish everything for others. So much on my mind!

Replies

• skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you set up to do for the 50 day challenge? In general, since you are nervous of starting something, I would set a very small short term goal to begin with, so it is easily accomplished and boost your confidence a little.
  • whitewolf568
    whitewolf568 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with skinnyjingbb. Sometimes we set up these goals-while we mean well in our minds-are so far out of reach from where we're starting at that it seems unobtainable. Setting up short term goals allows ourselves to actually see the results & in return gain confidence. NewBelinda2018 I'm sure you will achieve your goals. You seem like you have the mindset & you'll have plenty of people on here to help & guide you along your journey.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My guess is that you've failed previously because you are taking on way too much way too fast. Start with little changes until they become habits.

Please know that exercise is not needed for weight loss, but it is helpful.
    Maybe just start out by trying to eat less.
    Put things on smaller plates.
    Don't eat in front on the TV.
    Eat slower and be mindful about what you are eating.

Little changes in your life can have the biggest impact overall.
    Slow and steady wins this race!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Embrace the process. Calculate a modest calorie deficit, start a food diary and try to hit your number. Use a food scale. Keep your diary no matter what. Don’t quit logging your food just because you go over you number.

You’ll soon find that you have a better chance at hitting your number if you make some kind of plan. If your plan doesn’t work for a particular situation, make a better one.

There’s a fairly long calorie counting learning curve. 50 days will make a good start.

Fortunately the past does not control the future. No one would ever lose weight if it did.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I am on a 50 year challenge. It makes it easier to see that one day isn't that important, but overall patterns are. What matters is every step in the right direction.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What’s the goal of your 50 day challenge? 50 days is about 7 weeks, so is your goal to lose about 7 pounds? If so, set the app properly, log accurately, eat within your limits and go ye with god. Is it to lose 30 pounds? If so, you’re setting yourself up for either a trip to the hospital or failure. Maybe both. I don’t know how much you have to lose, but I’m guessing it wasn’t put on in 50 days. Just be realistic, learn the process, enjoy the process, accept occasional failure and make progress towards (realistic) goals.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Instead of looking at the whole big picture, the entire 50 days, look at small steps. Reaching a big goal is a whole lot of little steps to get there. Concentrate on one little step at a time and before you know it, you are there!!