Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

No more Diabetes Meds!

Ketofidina
Ketofidina Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2018 in Success Stories
In October 2017 I left Weight Watchers (WW) after three months of zero loss and a one pound gain. With my primary care physician (PCP)'s support I started a Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) diet. As I have Type 2 Diabetes, she reduced my Diabetes medication. I was on three different meds with an A1C of 7...so, losing one felt right in anticipation of lower blood sugar and eating low carb.

Along the way I had switched to Keto eating 20 net carbs and calculating macros...only to see my efforts yield higher blood sugars and weight gain! This was bizarre and my PCP agreed. We tweaked meds but by the end of February I had gained 10 pounds and my A1C had risen to 8.5.

By mid March my blood sugar was out of control and I contacted Dr. Eric Westman with Duke University and HEALcare Clinics. I was accepted into the program and met with Dr.Westman on April 2nd.

As it turns out my body was attempting to maintain homeostasis by cranking up sugar production to meet my med load. Wild but true! On the 2nd Dr. Westman reduced my meds. No more Statin or once a week injectable called Bydureon.

Four weeks later....I have reduced my blood sugar to normal ranges, was told to stop Metformin, lost 5 pounds, and also lost a half an inch from my waist!

I have 52 pounds to lose and NOW see that it is possible! The HEALcare Keto Protocol is medical strength for those of us with insulin resistance. This means 20 TOTAL carbs with no fruit, nuts, and measured dairy.

So grateful for the program. If my story resonates with you... check out HEALcare. Note: my recommendation is personal as I have no financial stake in the program.

Today is a very good day! Wishing ALL much health and happiness!

Replies

• amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    How does the program work? Is it expensive?
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited May 2018
    Another MD with the idea to turn a specific disease plaguing a significant percentage of the population into a profit center (aka, a money making machine, b's). Go read the "Investors" link on his website. It's exactly like the MDs who have gotten into the ketamine clinics for chronic pain.

Yeah, no.

Unless, of course, you'd like to invest... :D

x3jdk8odjhwe.png
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Glad you got things under control I went and am still in medical weight loss program through the hospital and has helped more than anything else. My meds are very low my diabetes is gone 5.1 A1C blood sugars run under 100 fasting. If you found a program that helps you medically and is safe I don't care what the price tag is good for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!