ADVICE please! active - 1300 cal diet - workout 5-6

Options
Hello there!
My name is Anna. I am 31 and an athlete. I have been watching calories (eating good foods within my budgeted intake) and working out every morning (plus or minus 1 day). I have been gaining weight but losing body fat. I use a hand held body fat % pedometer to check in here and there. It says I am 14% body fat. 3 months ago I was at 19. I still have fat around my stomach and abs and hardly have any definition. Do you know how long this will take to have my abs visible? Also, I weight lift and do hiit workouts. I do arms/cardio, hiit, legs/cardio, hiit/abs and repeat with switching stuff up here and there.
I want abs!
Help!

Replies

• joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I do arms/cardio, hiit, legs/cardio, hiit/abs and repeat with switching stuff up here and there.

Could you elaborate?

Also, AnvilHead is totally right. According to BIA, I was 21% BF at my leanest, whereas callipers had me sitting at around 9%. I wouldn't trust BIA any more than comparing my physique in the mirror with Google search results.
  • Ari_Sch
    Ari_Sch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m about the same as you 118 lbs 15% BMI and I weight lift, run, and play soccer. Abs are 50% kitchen, 30% genetics (also we are female so our bodies want to produce more fatty tissue around our lower belly by the uterus) and 20% strength training. I would suggest eating a higher caloric diet since you workout so much, 1300 is no where near enough and i would also suggest doing more abs exercises that include weight (ankle weights, yoga ball, weighted ball....ect). Hope this helps.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    If you are gaining weight on 1300 calories plus exercise, you are either very tiny or miscalculating. Tighten up your logging as a first step.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I would cease to exist on 1300 and attempt to carry out your regime.