5am Workouts!

Working out at 5am has totally changed my life. I feel good ALL DAY LONG!!! Best thing everrrr annnd I am NOT a morning person!!

Replies

• LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    I keep telling myself that I’m going to do this but at 5:30, I’m like nope, not gonna happen! I admire your dedication!
  • LiveInLeggings
    LiveInLeggings Posts: 222 Member
    I like that its over with and my evenings are free for netflix.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I love getting up and out early - I'm not as early as you but it's made me a morning person.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Really kick starts the day!
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Same here! I am amazed at how much better I sleep.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    im up at 5, usually 4, but im not doing anything at that time, unless im traveling and have to catch a flight or hit the road LOL

im at the gym by 7 though.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Me too! Have been doing this for years and can't imagine otherwise. It's 9:30 am and I am DONE--feels great!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    That is one benefit of working out early. You're 110% awake and ready for the rest of the day. I tend to start around 5:15 and work out until 7am about 3 days a week, then my workouts on the weekend are mid-morning. I'll admit, the first one of the week is tough to get started but it's still worth it. I see so many people post that they couldn't go to the gym tonight for <insert reason here> but they are all trying to do their workouts after work, in the evenings when life interferes. I never had consistency in my workouts until I started getting up early and getting it done before everyone else wakes up. It's a lot easier to give up a TV show at night and go to bed a little early than it is to ignore your family to get time to work out. ;)
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2018
    May I respectfully ask how long you've consistently been doing this?

And what time do ya'll fall asleep, for crying out loud? ^^

I'm a night owl and can't imagine hitting the sack early enough to be asleep by 9-10 pm. Not for evs anyway.

I admire you guys a lot, though ✌
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    I was never able to stick to an exercise routine until I started 5am workouts. I feel better the entire day and sleep a lot better at night. I'm in bed around 9pm, asleep within minutes lol and up at 4:30, at the gym by 5, workout 5-6:15 and home by 6:30 at the latest. My kids and husband are just waking up, so 5am workouts are the only time that doesn't take away time from my family.
  • urbanfarmgirl2014
    urbanfarmgirl2014 Posts: 2 Member
    I get up at 4am to I can get to my 5am HIIT class 3 days a week. At first I thought it was going to kill me, but I love it! I feel like I get so much more done on those days. And as for sleep... I TRY to get to bed by 9pm, but that rarely happens, but pre-workout is a life saver! The only real problem is that my body tries to wake me up stupid early on days I'm NOT supposed to be up at the butt crack of dawn! Lol!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I don't need a lot of sleep and would have bouts of insomnia waking up at 2:30 and just laying there. I started getting up at 4:30 to run and it changed my life. I love being alone in the city with no traffic, no waiting for street lights to turn green. It is also fun to watch the city wake up. I have seen in an urban environment an owl take flight right next to me, several deer that I thought were a pack of dobermans. I was attacked by a bird but was scared it could have been a bat because it was dark. After studying the claw marks it my hat I decided I probably didn't have rabies.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    I recently had to go to the gym in the evening (train delays in the morning meant I didn't have time before work) and I have never been so grateful for my usual 5am start. You could barely move for people, it was hot and loud and awful. 5am forever.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i'm trying to do it again. i started running in the evening. just not as consistent
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Add me to the "I love morning workouts!" people! So much more energy throughout the day when you start with a good workout!
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    I wish I was a morning person so I could do this. It can be a struggle getting to the gym after work and not to mention the crowded aspect.
  • thepineapplez
    thepineapplez Posts: 14 Member
    A few years ago I spent an entire summer getting up at the same time as the sun and biking for 2 hours. Then I would get home, shower, eat, and drink some coffee in the sun. When the day was over, I would go to bed at sunset. It was an amazing summer, and each day felt twice as long. Part way through the day I would think back to the morning, and it would just seem like a blur because I was in the zone and was enjoying a caffeine high + runners high shortly after so it made every day feel like it was twice as long. I wish I was more of a morning person so I could do all of that again, but its so hard to get myself out of bed now.
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    It has taken me a few months to not want to throw my alarm across the room at 5:15 in the morning, but now I love my morning workouts! I have missed a couple of times and I just feel 'off' the rest of the day, so I love it now. My husband is still in shock.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I've always been a 5AM exerciser. Only thing that tends to suck sometimes is the need for a 3:00 siesta can sometimes hit pretty hard, and I can get pretty grumpy if I'm not in bed by 10:00.