Fitbit not syncing

Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,757 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It is a good tool. Others also have their plusses and minuses.

I've found that if you patiently let it do its thing eventually it synchronizes. The longest delay for me so far this round has been 15 hours.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    MLBinVA wrote: »
    Sorry missed the post above, but it appears we have same issue. Reliability like this will drive me away from MFP very quickly...

Don't let a fitbit issue do that. I would recommend eating to your target and then looking at your fitbit to see how close you are to your general average in steps and adjust from there.

Even if I gave up my fitness tracker, MFP is too good of a tool to not use. If you generally do 5000 steps per day and some cardio, go back and figure what that usually does to your calories and do the same thing. Do you have enough data to live with that? Even if you don't, you can still accurately track your intake - and your fitbit can give you a rough estimate of overall calories burned. Compare your data.

MFP itself is still the best tool out there for tracking.

Agreed. Just because they aren't talking right now doesn't mean it won't get caught up. When I first started using a tracker and MFP, it would frustrate me. My solution would be to log my exercise into MFP manually, and then delete it once they caught up.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    MLBinVA wrote: »
    Sorry missed the post above, but it appears we have same issue. Reliability like this will drive me away from MFP very quickly...

Don't let a fitbit issue do that. I would recommend eating to your target and then looking at your fitbit to see how close you are to your general average in steps and adjust from there.

Even if I gave up my fitness tracker, MFP is too good of a tool to not use. If you generally do 5000 steps per day and some cardio, go back and figure what that usually does to your calories and do the same thing. Do you have enough data to live with that? Even if you don't, you can still accurately track your intake - and your fitbit can give you a rough estimate of overall calories burned. Compare your data.

MFP itself is still the best tool out there for tracking.

This exactly. I lost 40 pounds using only MFP before getting a Fitbit. Sometimes it's better to not over complicate things.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I know when this fitbit dies Im going with something else. fitbits for me have been nothing but a PITA and plain junk. They replaced it ONE time,where others had theirs replaced many timed, some even got newer models. but it is what it is.
  • gdnaegle
    gdnaegle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My fitbit is still not syncing with mfp. I thought it was resolved. Apparently not.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Mine has been syncing fine for the last few hours.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    If it happens again, simply disconnect and then reconnect the FitBit app on the MFP website, that should remedy the issue.