Digital (person) scale recommendations?

Options
2»

Replies

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    kiela64 wrote: »
    I still have no idea how to know if a scale is going to do the Thing people have talked about here of repeating the last reading, but someone in a review of a different scale mentioned that picking up a weight, weighing yourself with the weight, then putting the weight down and weighing yourself again should fix the issue. So at least I guess if it does happen it won't be the end of the world.

I guess if you have a weight hanging around, but it's much easier to put one foot on the scale, get a reading, then step on it normally. Does the reset just fine and deosn't need you to have and hold onto a weight.

thanks, noted!
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have a body+ from nokia which I really like, but given the fact that there's always rumors hinting that they might exit that business, it's hard to really recommend someone buy one. It's a little bit more than you said you wanted, anyways.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    fuzzylop72 wrote: »
    I have a body+ from nokia which I really like, but given the fact that there's always rumors hinting that they might exit that business, it's hard to really recommend someone buy one. It's a little bit more than you said you wanted, anyways.

Same (except mine is Withings labelled). I love not having to type my weight into 3-4 different apps, but it's pricey and who knows how long it will be supported for.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think being able to tare a scale is important if you have to move it frequently; it helps to be able to 'reset' it before you weigh yourself.

I really want to buy a 'visiting nurse' scale -- the kind of digital scales that Weight Watchers uses -- rather than a standard bathroom scale. But they're only sold by medical supply places and wholesale joints, and I'm not eligible to buy from either. There are places that sell them in the States, but most don't ship to Canada.
  • gdogshankmasta
    gdogshankmasta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like this taylor scale on amazon. Looks great, costs nothing, and is very accurate.

https://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Chrome-Digital-Bathroom-Capacity/dp/B0000E2PEI
  • lizzyfit2
    lizzyfit2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day right when I wake up, on my older digital scale..Nothing fancy, I then add that to my total diary. I know some people frown on daily weigh ins..For me, I enjoy logging it along with every thing I eat/drink (all weighed and measured). I started MFP mid February, and have dropped 13 pounds, still 12 left to get to my slim (stronger) self.
    I personally am enoying all it, the weighing (of me lol, and all my foods), the excercises that are making me stronger, etc. Its an education experience for me. Recording everything, to see the progress, and be able to look back and see days that there was "loss" and when there isnt loss....
    Never had lots to lose in my life before, so this new "awareness" is life changing for me. Never weighed or measured anything before, but its been an enlightening education!
    I dont mind having a regular old (cheap?) digital stand-on scale, it works fine daily to add my progress (or lack of) to my MFP diary...
    I think patience, honesty and committment to a healthy plan will bring more than just weight loss, it evolves into a healthier, stronger and lighter human being.
    Day by day, everyday..
    Keep up the good work!
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    lizzyfit2 wrote: »
    I weigh in every day right when I wake up, on my older digital scale..Nothing fancy, I then add that to my total diary. I know some people frown on daily weigh ins..For me, I enjoy logging it along with every thing I eat/drink (all weighed and measured).

Note that daily weigh-ins are technically the best way to record your data. More data points make it easier to see developing trends. The only reason people recommend against daily weigh-ins is that many people get freaked out by normal day to day fluctuations in water weight, etc. If you can deal with that, then daily weigh-ins are the best way to go.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I really like this weight watcher one. You can program it to different people

https://www.amazon.com/Weight-Watchers-Conair-Tracker-Bathroom/dp/B0043W67TO?th=1
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I really like this weight watcher one. You can program it to different people

https://www.amazon.com/Weight-Watchers-Conair-Tracker-Bathroom/dp/B0043W67TO?th=1

though beware if you have multiple users who are in the same weight range. The scale won't be able to differentiate between them.