A question

sajaaamer94
sajaaamer94 Posts: 14 Member
edited May 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello guys have a quick question..
I’ve weighted my self in about4 or 3 days and it was good and I’m losing it.. but today I just wanted to check again so I weighted back and their are more 0.4 g ! So didn't know what is this weight from? I mean I’m eating the same food and not too much calories basically just within my range..so anyone can help?and tell me why did I gain a 0.4kg in just a few days?

Replies

• ariana0927
    ariana0927 Posts: 2 Member
    Maybe water weight
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Weight fluctuates, it isn't necessarily fat you have gained
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Weight is not a steady number, it is a range.

Your body holds on to different amounts of water all the time.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    If that picture is really you - because you are a woman and be prepared for a whole lot more than that much weight change through the month.

Also amount of sodium you are eating changes amount of water retained - your body needs sodium, so .... accept it.

Suggest if you really want to weigh yourself daily - weigh many times a day to get the point very quickly that water weight changes constantly - no matter if eating the same thing.

Or back off to a more sane 1 x weekly, and do it on a valid day to minimize known water weight fluctuations.
    Morning after a rest day eating normal sodium levels, not sore from last workout.

You will drive yourself crazy thinking that small a change in that few a days has anything to do with fat.
    Did any measurements increase?
    You should measure - scale weight is merely one number, and not a great one, for trying to decide if you are making progress to lose fat weight (which I hope is all you want to lose).
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Where you are in your menstrual cycle will affect weight
    A higher than normal sodium day will affect your weight
    Starting a new exercise routine or working out harder than usual will affect your weight.

I am sure there are others but all 3 of these things result is water retention. Your best bet is to weigh yourself at the same time of the day (whether this is daily, weekly or monthly is an individual choice). Make sure you are wearing the same clothes. Most do this in the morning, after going to the toilet wearing only underwear or nothing.
    As weight fluctuates on a day to day bases getting an app like Libra or Happyscale and entering your weight will show your trends by ironing out your normal day to day fluctuations.
  • sajaaamer94
    Thank u all 4 ur help❤️ I appreciate it .
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Weight fluctuates all the time, like everyone said! I find weighing daily helps me to see and understand that. I am pretty boring and eat the same things every day. My weight can be up or down 2-3 pounds depending on the time of the month, if I have had a little extra sodium ect...sometimes the water weight hangs around for a few days, even a week or two, other times it's gone the next day. It was frustrating at first but once I saw that I was in fact still losing overall, I accepted it and can deal with it!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    If you are going to weigh daily I suggest you use a trend app like libra or happyscale. Helps to see the big picture.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I’ve weighted my self in about4 or 3 days and it was good and I’m losing it.. but today I just wanted to check again so I weighted back and their are more 0.4 g ! So didn't know what is this weight from? I mean I’m eating the same food and not too much calories basically just within my range..so anyone can help?and tell me why did I gain a 0.4kg in just a few days?

body weight fluctuates...you don't lose weight everyday...it can be up or down or the same. Your body does this naturally as it is comprised of 55-65% water...that will always be in flux.
  • sajaaamer94
    edited May 2018
    cathipa wrote: »
    If you are going to weigh daily I suggest you use a trend app like libra or happyscale. Helps to see the big picture.

I just downloaded happyscale .how can I use it correctly ?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited May 2018
    cathipa wrote: »

I just downloaded happyscale .how can I use it correctly ?

You just put your weight in when you weigh in and the app will give you a trend line over time.

Weight loss looks like this...

iaWdO.png
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,143 Member
    You're upset over .4 grams of weight gain, or is that a typo? Food, water, time of month, exercise all contribute to water weight gain.
  • musicfan68
    I just re-read your OP and at first you say .4 g, then you say .4 kg. .4 kg is .88 lb, less than 1 lb. That is normal fluctuation.
  • sajaaamer94
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    I just re-read your OP and at first you say .4 g, then you say .4 kg. .4 kg is .88 lb, less than 1 lb. That is normal fluctuation.

Good to know
    Thanks 4 the help❤️
  • sajaaamer94
    edited May 2018
    You're upset over .4 grams of weight gain, or is that a typo? Food, water, time of month, exercise all contribute to water weight gain.
    No it wasn’t a typo lol I felt bad about the .4 g
  • musicfan68
    edited May 2018
    No it wasn’t a typo lol I felt bad about the .4 g

Well, don't be. Get used to the fact that you will fluctuate daily, sometimes several lbs at a time. It is the trend over time that counts.
  • sajaaamer94
    Ok ..thanks 4 the help❤️
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member

Weight fluctuates. It's part of being human. A 2-3 lb. fluctuation throughout the week is normal - retaining water, about to be on your cycle, having to go to the bathroom, etc. All can make a change in your weight.

I've weighed in at 112 lbs. one day and 118 lbs. the next after a super heavy work out and tons of hydration.
  • sajaaamer94
    Thanks guys ❤️❤️