Were you shocked at how much you were consuming??

Options
2»

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Biggster69 wrote: »
    Sounds like its the right thing to eat a ton of sugar. No thanks!

Oh really? And where did you read that?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Biggster69 wrote: »
    Sounds like its the right thing to eat a ton of sugar. No thanks!

That's not what is being said. What is being said is that it's less worrisome than you would think because many foods have sugar naturally (tomatoes of all things in my case) so the number can look inflated compared to the general guidelines for added sugar, and having the occasional sugary snack would not do any harm to someone who can process sugar just fine. A ton of sugar would crowd out protein on a calorie limited diet (depending on what you define as a ton), so no, it's not a good idea for many people who are interested in weight control and nutrition.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,796 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I was shocked at the amount of calories I was eating. I ate when I was hungry but didnt eat a lot, so I thought. Im 5'7" and was 172 at my hieghest, bbut im shocked it wasnt more after logging what I would usually eat, I was eating 3,000 to 4,000 calories a day. I was never a big sugar eater, but breads, pasta, and the worst was chips coffee creamer. I could and still can consume almost an entire bag of chips withough blinking an eye, Its my go to food for stress or any feeling really. And I was consuming around 300 calories a day in freaking creamer. I now drink black coffee, and buy chis for my husband that I dont care for.