Newbee Starting Ketogenics

Options
Good Day Team, I'm calling myself GitterFitter (real name is Ray) because I need to get it in shape. Too late of a start for swimming pool season but ya gotta start eventually and now is as good as any.

I am 60 years old (61 in June) an 5' 9" and weight about 280 fat butt pounds. I have been a "Husky" boy all my life and I must get that from my Mom's side of the family. After 5 years in the Air Force, and being in great shape, I got a desk job and have sat behind a desk for the past 30 years putting on the weight. I know it is not the desk jobs fault, it is my fault and I take ownership for that. I am a typical yo-yo dieter.

I got down to 230 pounds and hit a rock solid plateau for 6 frappin weeks, got my truck broke into and lost my gym bag and membership card, and just got discouraged and quit going to the gym. After about 6 months of not going, we decided to cancel our membership. I now have put back on all my weight and it is once again time to start over. I know that half of any successful weight loss strategy is diet and that's why I am here... to start counting calories, carbs, and journal my food intake.

I live in Springtown, Texas.