Replies

• MegaTunez11
    MegaTunez11 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fastest way to get shredded... Watchitshred.com
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Wood chipper. Not sure whether or not that would help meet your personal goals, but definitely the fastest way to get shredded.

I was thinking more like a cheese grater.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Common, guys! Everyone knows that the best way to get shredded is to eat 800 Calories and to do two hours of cardio every day. :-)
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    Common, guys! Everyone knows that the best way to get shredded is to eat 800 Calories and to do two hours of cardio every day. :-)

But, do you eat the exercise calories? That's the big question.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    I lift 6days a week and not seeing anychange what to do

What kind of change are you looking for? How long have you been lifting? What program are you using? What's your TDEE and calorie intake look like?
    Im on a 40% carbs 40% protein and 20% fat i want to gain muscle mass and possibly get down to about 10% body fat and i lift heavy

Those percents mean nothing without an overall calorie goal. How much do you eat in a day? What's your lifting program look like?
    3900 calorie diet a day and i work bi and tris on monday legs and back on tuesday shoulders and traps Wednesday cardio on thursday and friday and sat i work full body

Honestly, that's a pretty inefficient program. Hitting muscle groups once a week isn't the current Rx for gaining size. There are a lot of programs out there that are proven effective. I'm out and about right now, but maybe someone can post the link to the program options. Though, it's also stickied to the top of this forum.

So, to @sniper300_Rum - shredded is really something that is a two-fold attack: in the kitchen and in the gym. You have to build up the muscle underneath so that when you burn off all of the fat there is something to see.

So, the hard part is the caloric deficit that you need to lose body fat. No idea what your stats are so we can not help you with specifics but a good thing - generally speaking - would be to have an idea of what your maintenance calories are. Determine what that number is (well, as best you can....lots of ways to do it and get close.....I will leave that for you to figure out as I would not want to steal this discovery process from you....and I am being very serious. I took a few extended breaks from the gym (maybe there were injuries or so) and used that time to play with nutrition....found out a lot about how my body works and what works for me and what maybe does not work so well for me....).

The fun part is the gym. There are a lot of studies that suggest that lifting heavy is a good way to improve overall physique. You can also focus on hypertrophy. Or, you can include a little bit of both. That actually works really well.

Depending on how well-trained you are (or not) will likely factor in on how quickly you see gains. Most would agree that a newbie will see gains for up to one year....more likely for six months....but we are all different while an intermediate might take a year or two to see "significant" gains. Whatever "significant" might mean to you.

I would think that you are likely after a more hypertrophy-based program so you might want to look at things in the 8 to 12 rep range. And consider training each muscle group something like two to three times a week. Use that as a starting point, anyway. Don't be surprised if you need to modify your training program often (for lots of reasons).

Consider an upper | lower split:

For the upper, consider including horizontal pulls (rows) and horizontal pushes (bench press) along with vertical pulls (lat pull down) and vertical pushes (overhead press) and some accessories (consider biceps and tricpes). Lots of options for each. This is a basic template that you could use very well.

For the lower, consider including some hip-dominant and some knee-dominant movements along with some accessories (I always do Adductors and Abductors). So, Squats, Glute-Ham Raises, Dead Lifts, Bulgarian Split Squats, et al. Lots of choices there.

Or, you can do something like Strong Lifts 5x5 (not likely what you really want....but examine it...I did it for a few months - and I made some nice gains).

Also, if you train then you need to be recovered from your last training session so that you can maximize performance in the next training session. Lots of things are included in "recovered". Sleep and stress are the big two, likely. But, again, we are all different.

I have not even touched on volume and intensity of the training programs. Lots of room for trial and error for those. You just need to experiment and start with "what works generally speaking for everyone" - whatever that might be - and adjust for you. It is all experimenting in the end.

So, does all this make sense? It is a lot of information (and I so like to use a lot of words!).
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options

No, you don't 'eat' them.......you scarf them down! Dont taste them.....down the hatch, next! :-)
  • Davidsdottir
    Options

No, you don't 'eat' them.......you scarf them down! Dont taste them.....down the hatch, next! :-)

That's what I already do. Whew!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    Too cool! You will go far in life! Hey, go big or go the f**k home, right? :-)