Today is difficult for some reason..

Options
I usually eat pretty much the same thing each week day. Which usually is granola bars for breakfast, 2 boiled eggs with a stick of string cheese for lunch, and this leaves me room to have a pretty big meal for my dinner. And if I get hungry b4 dinner I have a snack of an Apple or orange. That usually holds me over til dinner. I dnt what is different today but it's barely lunch time and I've already eaten breakfast and lunch and an Apple and orange and I'm still hungry. I haven't exercised or done alot of activity besides some light house work either. Today is my 30th day in a row on mfp the longest I've ever stuck with any diet plan I dnt want to mess it up by binge eating.

Replies

• tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me even though there's no change in calories from yesterday and if I don't binge, I lose weight two or three days later, when I give in, I maintain my weight. Not saying this will happen to you but hang in there.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. You are doing great and these things happen.

What is your weekly weightloss goal? Have you looked at your maintenance calories to know how high you can go while still being in a deficit?
    Are you PMSing?
    Did you do any extra activity yesterday?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Most everyone has "off" days so don't over think it or let it stress you out. How many calories are you eating per day? Have you been satisfied with that?

Personally, I'd get out for a walk or just do something active to engage my mind in anything other than food. If you are still truly hungry, then have another snack later. But, a day like this every now and then is normal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat something else, have a day at maintenance. Go back to your deficit tomorrow.
  • jbrooks3645
    jbrooks3645 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys.
    My weekly goal is to lose 1 lb a week that gives me 1400 calories a day and I have been satisfied with it so far.
    My maintenance according to mfp is 1880.
    Not pmsing.
    I didn't have alot of extra activity yesterday but now that I think of it I tried a new recipe for dinner last night and I didn't really like it but since we can't afford to waste food we ate it but I didn't eat all that I had planned on eating. Which probably is y I'm so hungry today.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    1400 is pretty low. I see a little one's head in your picture...if you are caring for children you are at the least "Lightly Active," so if your goal is set at "Sedentary" and you change it to lightly active you'll be given a few more calories most likely. If you aren't eating enough in general, your body will eventually cause you to over-eat (as long as there is food around!) No worries, even if you eat upwards of 2000 for today, no long-term harm done. :) I do it all the time.

Think of it as a little "refeed" and just eat today. Get back at it tomorrow. You're not sedentary, though. And if you are getting any additional exercise, the site calculator expects you to enter it in "Exercise" and then it gives you more calories. So, take a walk! It helps with hunger, and gives you more calories.
  • jbrooks3645
    jbrooks3645 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1400 is pretty low. I see a little one's head in your picture...if you are caring for children you are at the least "Lightly Active," so if your goal is set at "Sedentary" and you change it to lightly active you'll be given a few more calories most likely. If you aren't eating enough in general, your body will eventually cause you to over-eat (as long as there is food around!) No worries, even if you eat upwards of 2000 for today, no long-term harm done. :) I do it all the time.

Think of it as a little "refeed" and just eat today. Get back at it tomorrow. You're not sedentary, though. And if you are getting any additional exercise, the site calculator expects you to enter it in "Exercise" and then it gives you more calories. So, take a walk! It helps with hunger, and gives you more calories.

I do have it set to sedentary. I admit i was a little confused as to whether I should set it at lightly active or not because I am a stay at home mom I have 6 yr old and 3 month old. I do house work but I do sit alot and watch tv. Since the weather has been nice I do walk a little outside in the afternoon maybe 10 or 15 minutes carrying my little one. I guess I dnt feel like I am lightly active so I was worried I would b eating too many calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe the variety you get at dinner isn't enough, maybe you need more variety in your breakfasts and lunches.