Over cal goal

Options
I went over my calorie goal today and I’m a bit mad at myself. I’m doing an early morning gym session tomorrow so hopefully that makes me feel better! Y’all this is seriously a lifestyle change, and it’s hard! But I am determined to succeed this time!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    By how much? Are you still within your maintenance calories? Don't beat yourself up for it...just move on tomorrow.
  • JessStodden
    JessStodden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    About 450 cal over
  • Prettybaby318
    Prettybaby318 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What exactly is your calorie goal? And don't stress, we all slip up, forgive yourself and see how you can better avoid it next time.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Do you have a low calorie allowance like 1200? That's pretty hard to stick to and even if you went over the limit you were probably in a deficit anyway. Don't punish yourself with exercise, if you feel like exercising do it but don't force yourself. Just accept it and move on.
  • JessStodden
    JessStodden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal is 2020 at the moment. I want it to go down but surpassing this makes it seem hard
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    That's not an unreasonable goal. Anyway, just stick with it - you can get there.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to work with a weekly average and weekly goal. Some days, we are naturally hungrier than others and doing this allows for that without feeling bad about going over considering other days we are under. :smile: The phone app makes this very simple to do by going to Nutrition and having it set to show the previous 7 days.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    About 450 cal over

so you ate at maintenance for a day, you just get back to your deficit the next day