Quit smoking, lose weight, easy peasy =)

Options
Jadub729
Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
I'm not new to MFP, I was here years ago and lost 40lbs by eating 1200 calories a day and not eating my exercise calories back. Of course I gained 30 of that back because that is not sustainable at all. So here I am again, older but wiser. I quit smoking 1 month ago tomorrow. Cold turkey. Just decided I didn't want to do that any more so I stopped. The good news is my time at the gym is now spent exercising and not gasping for air. I'll call that a win.

I know most people who quit cold turkey end up gaining weight. I'm determined to lose 40lbs instead.

I have found by focusing on calories, exercise, and moving around more it really has helped get me through the first couple weeks of not smoking. Gives me something to do with all this free time I have now that I'm not wasting it smoking. So tomorrow is my 1 month anniversary and I am down 7lbs! Eating about 1500-1700 calories I dont eat all my exercise calories back because I think my fitbit is a liar. I make sure I get my 10k steps everyday (this past month have been averaging about 12-16k a day, I do cardio 3 times a week and strength training 2 times a week.

Stats
36 years old
5'2
SW 177
CW 167
GW 140 (yeah I know its high for my height so I'll reassess when I get closer to this number)

Need some motivating friends with similar stats or maybe former smokers too!