Anyone Else Struggling to Gain Functional Strength/Recover from Injury While Losing Weight?

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
I've had a bunch of leg issues, and my current limit is 2 x 15min walks per week, and 3 other stationary bike or swimming workouts for 25min.

I've been very inactive and as an obese person my muscles aren't quite unable to carry my weight effectively without injury. I also appear to have some foot/leg/knee chronic issues (that would be helped a lot by weight loss, but not fixed) that I need to manage in order not to injure myself during very low-impact workouts.

It can be frustrating, because I want to push myself, but I can't. Then I have to struggle not to give up entirely because it feels so pointless to do so little, when I see people jogging, etc. The physio exercises feel weird and difficult, and because I can't log them it feels like nothing happened when I fill in my diary.

If anyone else is in a similar position feel free to talk or add me.

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Have you tried looking up upperbody and chair excercises? Some of them have very adaptive programs that are awesome for people who have to adjust what they can do.
    I've had to use them to get started with super beginner excercises, working around fibro flares, and working around bad sprains at various times.
  • mshidfar2018
    mshidfar2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    give more time to your legs so they can heal properly,focus on you calorie deficit , meanwhile do more upper body workout ,forget jogging because most people have issues doing it too often, you can simply walk in the swimming pool to recondition your legs for walking , dont compare yourself to everyone you see ,may be they have their own problems