Sandwiches

Options
2»

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Stew501 wrote: »
    I use the 45 calorie bread; 90 calories for 2 slice. Just started using Jerk sauce; it has a ton of flavor and zero calories; usually leftover baked chicken breast

Jerk sauce! I hadn't thought to get any of that. Thanks for the mention!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I loooove sandwiches! I typically eat Subway nearly every day, and I switch between a Veggie Delight or a Turkey. Always a 6 inch. A lot of the green veggies are zero to little calories and can really bulk up the sandwich. I usually put green peppers, cucumbers, and lettuce on my turkey (with a dab of the light mayo. I have to be in the mood for spicy mustard, which is rare), and I'll get the works on my Veggie. Pair that with a bag of 140 calorie Baked Lays and it makes an awesome lunch, one I look forward to and doesn't break my diet. When I make sandwiches at home, Boars Head Low Salt Ham tastes nearly identical to the regular ham and has less calories.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I eat sandwiches regularly, and the typical composition is as follows:

2 slices Dave's Killer Bread (21 Whole Grains and Seeds) - Plenty of fiber, plus tastes great
    80-90g Oscar Meyer Rotisserie Chicken
    slice of cheddar cheese (~19g)

I eat it dry, and it's approximately 400 cals (w/30g protein and 10g fiber).
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    When I don't bring lunch to work, I get Subway and add all veggies. I bring tuna, turkey, or PB&J sometimes. I eat them on wheat bread with a salad on the side.