Didn’t lose an ounce

Options
I reduced alcohol, I exercised a lot,I was careful with my food and I didn’t even lose an ounce this week. Discouraging! :(

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. The link below to provides a little insight for now and later when you need a reminder.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I stepped up my exercise recently and didn’t see a loss for a couple of weeks. Finally this morning I’m a pound down. Keep doing what you’re doing, it will pay off.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    fhy4sz9t1gvz.png

Reverse the direction of the arrows, and this chart is accurate for weight loss as well.

Well......other than the fact that you can't go back and forth on the timeline.... ;)
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Raysie1 wrote: »
    This is why I weigh daily. I normally see a new low number for a day before it bounces back up for a few days to a week, then another new low. I know this and am fine with it. Weekly weigh ins wouldn't give me that insight and would drive me crazy.

Same. If I didn’t weigh daily and input it into a trending app I don’t think I would have noticed the pattern to my weight loss. I see a big loss 2 weeks in a row, then it goes up a couple of pounds, then it goes up a pound or two more, then a big loss for 2 weeks in a row for a new low.

Edited to clarify- I see 2 weeks of loss, 2 weeks of gain consistently, then 2 weeks of loss again, etc.

• garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options

Same... I hit 189 a few days ago, a new low for me, then it went back up to 192 ish and has been teetering up and down a half pound to a pound each day and now, this morning, I am at 190.6. It's like that one-time low weigh in is a sneak peek at what I can expect to be at in 3-8 days after it jumps back up a bit (which is really all water retention, solid waste in transit, food in my stomach, etc)... it takes a couple days to a week or so for everything to settle down and settle in. [/quote]

I like that way of looking at it. My weight does the same thing. This week I was 232 - then up to 234 - this morning 230.5.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »

Well......other than the fact that you can't go back and forth on the timeline.... ;)

somewhere out there there is a report proving Intermittent fasting in rats does promote going back AND forth on the timeline

Ooooh, I'd like to see that. #timetravel :D
  • ravergirl1992
    ravergirl1992 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    it is discouraging, but you have to look at the long term rather than short term, and how the good habits you're instilling now will lead to weight loss, better health, fitness etc in the long run, even if you can't see the benefits right now. :)
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    As others have stated weight loss isn’t linear. There will be days with nothing, losses, and even a few gains along the way. This is why I like to look at the trend over time.

As you can see from mine it’s been a bumpy road but I ultimately continue in the right direction
  • neillc57
    neillc57 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I reduced alcohol, I exercised a lot,I was careful with my food and I didn’t even lose an ounce this week. Discouraging! :(

Are you expecting a small weight loss?
    My digital scales have an annoying feature. If you step on them twice they give you the same answer. So if my weight change from day to day is small they will just display the same number till the difference gets big enough.
    If I pull out the batteries then I will see different weights. You then of course realize that the error margin is bigger than the 0.1lbs the scale displays to.
    If I am losing slow any increase in sodium or carbs will mask it with water weight gains.
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Same. I gained. But I'm ovulating! Trust the process :)