Problems with syncing my Fitbit.

Options
Lynzdee18
Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
Is anyone else having continued problems with syncing? I’m seriously considering changing to a different tracker. Thoughts on Garmin? I run mostly, both on the treadmill and outside. And play pickleball.

Replies

• vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Are you having trouble syncing with your phone or just MFP? I’ve had several days where MFP isn’t registering my steps and exercise. I haven’t been around long, is this a constant problem? I’m beginning to think I should shoot more for the calories Fitbit gives me anyways.
  • _love_myself_
    _love_myself_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also had issues but now its fixed
  • barannw
    barannw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also having trouble with fitness pal syncing with mfp. Is there anything I can do to get it going again?
  • gypsygrl78
    gypsygrl78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I gave up on Fitbit. Tried the Apple Watch for awhile but gave that up too. I now have a Fenix and couldn’t be happier! It syncs with my cyclometer and mfp. I am able to track more activities on it too.
  • rebeccaj822
    rebeccaj822 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of trouble with my fitbit, but managed to solve them and it's working great now. I sync my fitbit to my iphone and have both the fitbit and MFP apps on my phone. I've found that if things are messed up, you might want to start over with everything. Unlink your fitbit, and unlink the devie from your fitbit profile, then start over. Also - one problem that I ahd repeatedly was using the bluetooth linking when I had a nearby advice. Once i got the fitbit correctly set up and properly linked to my fitbit account and snycing, the association to MFP was a lot easier. Good luck. Keep at it - it's definately worth it!!
  • Lynzdee18
    Options
    Thanks. I was thinking of a Garmin Forerunner since I mostly run for my exercise. I’ll look into the Fenix.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    Thanks. I was thinking of a Garmin Forerunner since I mostly run for my exercise. I’ll look into the Fenix.

You also may want to take a look at the (new-ish) Garmin Forerunner 645, since you're primarily a runner. It's the first Garmin to offer music storage/playback, if you're into that while running: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/03/garmin-forerunner-645-music-gps-watch-in-depth-review.html

[ETA:] Dcrainmaker's site is a great source for reviews of activity trackers in general, definitely worth looking around if there are others you're considering. No affiliation here, just found his site very useful when researching my purchases.
  • Lynzdee18
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion. I purchased a new iPod touch last year and have it loaded for running. But that’s an idea. I did look yesterday at the Garmin website. They are awfully expensive.