Not a college kid anymore

Options
Hey everyone! I'm out of grad school now, in my late 30s, and I'm on some medications that make me want to eat or conversely make me not want to eat. I went sideways in academia and work for a university library where I'm pretty sedentary. The leader of my managerial training was telling me about how mfp helped her lose over 100 pounds, and I need to lose about 75. I was exercising but eating like a college student and was packing on the weight. I'm so glad she pointed me this way. Hope you all have a good weekend!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Save up a portion of several paychecks and purchase a food scale. It's available at amazon.com or a local big box retailer for usually around $20. That's really the only equipment you need. If you like the "college student" sort of food, you can continue eating it. Weigh the portions accurately. Log them truthfully. Stay in your calorie budget. Lose weight. Have fun. Enjoy life. Once the weight is lost in a year or two, have more fun and enjoy living more.
  • MyrsineAconitum
    MyrsineAconitum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like your advice! Thanks :)
  • dunkind45
    dunkind45 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Lucky, I got two more years of college to go and I already want to just be done. Congrats on being done and good luck!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on starting your journey. I work 8-5 at a bank and sit all day long. I get up at lunch and on two breaks a day to walk. This site has been my lifesaver. I also have two kids under two so working out and eating right are a MUST for me.
    You got this!