Just curious

Options
jbrooks3645
jbrooks3645 Posts: 76 Member
edited May 2018 in Motivation and Support
Do y'all make urself eat to make ur calorie goals on days when u get upset?

Today was really the first day that I've gotten really upset and angry abt something (since I've started tracking calories a month ago) and on days like today I've barely wanted to eat anything. It's like I dnt even feel hungry at all.

I never noticed it b4 bec I never tracked all my calories b4.

Anyone else like this? Do u try n make urself eat up to ur calorie goal since u kno u haven't eaten like u should?

And I kno tomorrow I'll prolly end up overeating since my appetite will b back lol

Replies

• Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Life happens. Focus on the long term goals and not the day by day numbers. Everyone has bad days. I'm sorry today was rough for you, but tomorrow is a new day so rather than "making up" for a bad day, focus on making healthy choices to be back on track.

There are lots of things which will throw you off track, and life has a way of doing that to you regardless.

I hope tomorrow brings you a better day. <3
  • jbrooks3645
    jbrooks3645 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Egger29 wrote: »
    Life happens. Focus on the long term goals and not the day by day numbers. Everyone has bad days. I'm sorry today was rough for you, but tomorrow is a new day so rather than "making up" for a bad day, focus on making healthy choices to be back on track.

There are lots of things which will throw you off track, and life has a way of doing that to you regardless.

I hope tomorrow brings you a better day. <3

Thank you! I will definitely be back on track tomorrow!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It’s just one day, I wouldn’t worry about it. Use those calories tomorrow!
  • Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I understand totally. I had a really rough & stressful few days last week where I really could only force down enough food to stop me getting a headache.

I fortunately haven't had too many of these days since I began this new lifestyle, but I just think of them as calories "in the bank" now. As such we are off to our favourite cafe today for a freshly made muffin! Life happens & all we can ever do is try our best. Hope you're having a better time of it today ❤
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Do y'all make urself eat to make ur calorie goals on days when u get upset?

Today was really the first day that I've gotten really upset and angry abt something (since I've started tracking calories a month ago) and on days like today I've barely wanted to eat anything. It's like I dnt even feel hungry at all.

I never noticed it b4 bec I never tracked all my calories b4.

Anyone else like this? Do u try n make urself eat up to ur calorie goal since u kno u haven't eaten like u should?

And I kno tomorrow I'll prolly end up overeating since my appetite will b back lol

Look at your weekly calories instead of just daily.
    If you undereat today you can apply those calories to tomorrow and thus will not be overeating just meeting your needs for the week.

My appetite sometimes takes a dive when I am anxious or upset. It is temporary.