Gained a few :(

19lissa86
19lissa86 Posts: 11
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
A couple weeks ago I weighed in at 147lbs. While it's not my goal weight it's the first time i've been under 150lbs in over a year and it felt really good, but I slipped up somewhere along the way and now my weight's back to 150. I know there's no point in worrying about a couple extra pounds and that it's probably just water weight, but I'm tired of making progressing then, as soon as I do, gain back what I lost. I know my diet needs improvement, but I'm also concerned that while I go to the gym at least a few times every week, maybe I'm not pushing myself hard enough. I stick with the curcuit machines and elliptical, because i'm comfortable with those, and every once in a while I do intervals on the treadmill, but obviously it's not enough, i've been stuck at right around 150lbs for a couple months now. I don't know what to do and I'm feeling a little discouraged. I'm starting to think that it's about time to get a personal trainer...

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    That's exactly what I did...personal trainer pointed me to intervals onceI hit the same #s.

It's going to take us that extra punch to stay below the overweight line (for me anyway), so it's high intensity intervals along with my usual....good going girl!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Start doing intervals more often and make the elliptical your every-now-and-then. Intervals burn fat and calories better than cardio at the same pace and they're great for helping bust plateaus. Helped mine!!! :happy:
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    have you tried 30 day shred by Jillian? $8.00 walmart. Personal trainer $50-100.00 an hour. the way you feel after doing Shred priceless lol.
  • I am in the same boat, I have been struggling for years, trying to loose the last 10 lbs, and i loose 5lbs or so, and then I start feeling good, and then I gain it right back. I think I get so excited that I lost the weight again that I don't try so hard to keep going. I have not done intervals, becuase I have bad knees, so the treadmill and I don't get along very well, but I have found that lifting weights (especially free weights) help maintain that weight lost better. But You also said your diet needs some help, that might be a good thing to look into, getting a dietician to help you with your food. That will go a long way! Good luck!!! YOU CAN DO IT
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    A PT or incorporating some form of weights/calisthenics will do you wonders. Also since you have been doing the same workouts, your body may be becoming accustomed to the workouts. Get a HRM and make sure you are really burning as many calories as you think!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Try upping your water for the next two weeks and see where that takes you.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • 19lissa86
    19lissa86 Posts: 11
    All very good advice, thanks everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.