WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO?

Options
When you don't reach your macros, do you go over your calories to reach for example your protein for the day or you leave it as it is? Specially when cutting.

Replies

• NerdyFlex
    NerdyFlex Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    If you're trying to lose weight, calories are your #1 concern, first and always. Being a bit under on your macros here and there isn't going to hurt a thing.

Exactly
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Typically no I wouldn't go over. I would make sure to hit my protein goals the next few days especially.

I mean if my protein was really low I might go over a bit and adjust the rest of the week. But one day I usually wouldn't worry about.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i go by calories only.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »
    I do calories only at the moment and I'm always aiming to be way under my "goal" as it's really there to be the max I'm comfy with doing.

What does "way under" mean?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I pre log so that I hit my protein goal. If I miss it occasionally I don't mind and wouldn't go over cals specifically to hit it, unless I was really hungry
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I focus on calories. I don't worry about macros and just try to eat a balanced diet.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating at the lower end of my calorie goals (which would be losing rather than maintaining), I will be under on all of my macros. As long as they are fairly well balanced, I don't worry about it. BUT, that being said, not like I'm a body builder or anything - as long as I feel good and my workouts are going well, I'm not going to be THAT picky.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Then I default to my total cals and make sure I at least get that.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I see my calorie goals on mfp as a target to hit - going way under is missing my target, as is going way over. Plus or minus 50 is fine. I aim to eat half of my exercise calories, although that will depend on how accurate I feel the map database is. I log all activity as it is useful for me to monitor whether I am becoming more active but some of the burns suggested seem way too high.