Name any diet gimmicks or fads you have ever tried.:)

Options
12346»

Replies

• ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast, Special K diet, Lemon Juice diet (with the cayenne pepper) the cabbage soup diet, Weight Watchers, Keto, Atkins, Rainbow..I'm sure there's more I just can't think of them right now
  • EloiseBean
    EloiseBean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    healthy skinny girl diet
    abc diet
    the beyonce lemonade diet
    5 bite diet
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Keto
    Scarsdale diet
    South beach diet
    Jenny craig
    Lean cuisine for lunch and dinner
    Slimfast
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Slim fast - In high school when I wasn’t even close to overweight and never thought about my weight but my best friend (who was also normal weight) told me about the shakes and we drank them to “be skinnier.”

Jenny Craig - Two years after my 3rd pregnancy (with twins), I was a lean 144 pounds. But I had it in my head to get down to 127 which is what I weighed before my first preganacy. I got tired of eating the same microwaved food day after day. Since I didn’t understand about calorie deficits, I thought there was something magical about the food they sold because I lost a few pounds.

Ballerina Tea - had NO CLUE what this actually was (Senna). The box showed graceful pictures of tall, thin ballerinas in tutus, and the cashier at the Asian market assured me it worked. When my resting heart rate shot up, I googled, and realized I had been dehydrating myself :(

Severe Calorie restriction - coupled with the ballerina tea, I lost about 10-12 pounds in a few weeks. Was so hungry, broke down and gained it all back quickly.

Dr. Mercola’s keto diet - but I didn’t know that it was in fact keto at the time, about 5 years ago. Lost weight but only lasted two weeks, got dizzy and flushed, which scared me! Marched into the kitchen and promptly ate a ton of crackers and instantly felt less anxious. (Not saying keto is a fad, just that I didn’t know what was normal or what to expect.)