A good ED group on here?

Options
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but can anybody recommend me a good group on here for people recovering from eating disorders (in particular bulimia and BED) and who are trying to maintain or lose a little weight?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I did a search in Groups - here is the results of that search:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=&search=eating+disorder+recovery&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=

Many pages...I don't know how active they are, but take a peek.

Best wishes for your recovery. :)
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    EDA has online meetings
  • oat_bran
    oat_bran Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    There's definitely a group out there for BED/binge eating if you search for it. I've even thought about starting one for all EDs since many of the existing groups are pretty much deserted these days. But i always decide against it since 1) i'm not sure how many people would be interested in joining and 2) I'm not sure I want to be tasked with moderating it and keeping all the 'pro-ed' stuff out :/

Yeah, I haven't really found a good ED group, especially for bulimia. It's a disorder of extremes, so a BED group might actually be not the best places as it doesn't see restricting calories as a problem, whereas in bulimia it might be part of the problem. I'd thought about starting a group myself as well, but yeah, I'm definitely not ready psychologically to deal with possible pro-ED stuff. And it's really hard to draw a line between a "healthy" caloric deficit and ED driven restriction. Or between purging by exercise and exercising/increasing your NEAT to eat more. It's a tricky balance...

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there's a group on here, but there are definitely forums elsewhere on the internet for support.