Shopping Day! What foods do I NEED TO EAT TO BURN FAT???

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever I want, weigh and measure, then shovel in ma mouth accordingly... The fats a runnin
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Bacon

Best server wrapped in bacon, with bacon bits on top and a side of bacon.

It is the best fat burning food EVER!

Oh and booze too, don't forget the booze :drinker:
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Veggies
    Spinach, tomato, avocado, cucumber, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, corn, capsicum, beans, peas, cauliflower, broccoli.. the list goes on forever

Fresh Fruit
    Blueberries, strawberries, banana, apple, orange, mandarin, pear, watermelon, kiwi fruit.. this list can also go on forever

Dried Fruit
    Dates, prunes, cranberries, sultanas, apple, mango

Grains
    Quinoa, rolled oats, buckwheat, millet, whole wheat bread/pasta/crackers etc

Sweeteners
    Stevia, honey, pure maple syrup, rice malt syrup

Nuts
    Walnuts, almonds, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamias, pistachios, brazil nuts

Meats
    Chicken breast, fish (salmon, tuna, cod etc), lean red meat (Personally I don't eat red meat and try to avoid chicken.. The vegetarian range of meat type food is extremely underrated)

Dairy,
    Greek yogurt, light cow milk, soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, feta cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese

Other
    Eggs, almond meal, raw cacao powder, coconut oil, rice bran oil, flax seed, sesame seeds, dark chocolate, herbal teas, raw food bars.

As much natural food as possible :)

^^
    This. Just adding that I like to buy my almonds in the cooking section, where they are availablle in thin slices. That way they go farther since they can be sprinkled over things (like oatmeal, yogurt, etc.) and you don't have to worry about biting into a huge chunk of nut.

I also get the Fiber One bars (I like oats and chocolate) which have heaps of fiber in one bar, and taste like a candy treat.

I have a sweet tooth and like to get the plain Greek yogurt, but also the little pots of Yoplait that are in "dessert" flavours like Boston Creme Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, or Key Lime Pie for after dinner sweets.

Finally, would like to add that I would get a few different kinds of herbal teas; good for getting more water in, plus they can be consumed when you are just 'a little hungry' to bridge the gaps between meal/snack times.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    eggs, yogurt, chicken, peanut butter, almonds, lettuce, milk, etc.

This!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    Buy a bicycle.

Or from the other end of the calorie balance - buy a recipe book and learn to cook the foods you enjoy.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Today's the day!!!

SHOPPING DAY!!!

I've had enough of looking in the cupboard and seeing JUNK!!

I'm going to do a massive shop but..... what do I get???

I want to know... what foods do I NEED to have to burn fat???? (specifically stomach fat ((I'm aware you can't target burn))

Even just small foods that you put on your cereal or on your sandwich :)

What would YOU buy????

Thanks MFP !!!

You are aware you can't "target burn", but still want to have a list of foods that will "target burn" your stomach fat away?

Ain't going to happen.

Although I do applaud you for trying to eat healthier.

I'd say go get a "healthy" cook book, find some recipes you like, and THEN go shopping. That way, you will know what to buy!

And keep the junk - you can still fit it in occasionally. No need to waste food.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Buy whatever you want and eat at a calorie deficit.

This.
  • californiabella
    Options
    ALMOND BUTTER -- new edition to my staple foods
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    BOOZE
    IT COMES FIRST
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Eggs, high in fat, full of energy and only 90 calories. These beauties will keep you going whenever you need food.

Cheese, because, duh, cheese.

Bacon, fat and protein, nom!

Cream - also high in fat

(okay, the fats are done! )

Salmon - great, lean, tasty food, full of nutrients and all the oils you need

Chicken - plain chicken can be added to anything and taste fantastic. Full of protein, not an ounce of fat in it so make sure to keep the fat intake up!

Broccoli - easy, plain, full of fibre and doesn't really offend any meal

Cauliflower - same as above, can put it in a blender to make it like rice too C:

Chorizo - Nom! Plenty of flavor! C:

Almond nuts - full of energy, I would sprinkle a few of these in a salad, they aren't filling really but they are great for you!

This is what I usually buy, I'm on a low carb diet so I don't buy anything with carbs in and usually stick to 10grams of carbs if not less a day ( unless its a cheat day! ) I've lost 23 lbs since august/september which for a lady, has a HUGE impact on her fat! C:

Choose a diet you think you'll enjoy, try a few of them out, a low carb high fat diet, low carb high protein, get some weights ( muscle burns SO much fat ) and just eat healthily/deficit.

Its a bit of a learning curve for a few weeks/months, sometimes you'll **** up, fortunately MFP lets you track and see why. So you can see if you're eating too much protein or too little fat and you're gaining weight, for example!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    no food burns fat, or we would all eat it. just slow down on the junk.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Rainbow unicorn poo. It is the only thing that burns fat. For realz!!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure which foods burn fat, so you should probably just eat all of them just in case.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Lots of vegetables. I stay out of the middle of the store where all the processed foods are

lol, I never noticed but you're right. Nearly every grocery store I've been to DOES keep the good stuff on the sides!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You are aware you can't "target burn", but still want to have a list of foods that will "target burn" your stomach fat away?

Ain't going to happen.

Although I do applaud you for trying to eat healthier.

I'd say go get a "healthy" cook book, find some recipes you like, and THEN go shopping. That way, you will know what to buy!

And keep the junk - you can still fit it in occasionally. No need to waste food.
    [/quote]

Am I the only one that read this in the voice of Dr. House?
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Potatoes are one of the best calorie negative vegetables available,

you don't eat them just carry two 56lb sacks with you wherever you go and the lbs just fall off!
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to find a diet plan you feel you can stick with and buy foods that adhere to it. If you want to be raw, buy fruits and veggies. Vegan? Grains, fruits, veggies. Atkins? Meat, eggs, cheese....etc. None of the above? Low calorie snacks. :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to find a diet plan you feel you can stick with and buy foods that adhere to it. If you want to be raw, buy fruits and veggies. Vegan? Grains, fruits, veggies. Atkins? Meat, eggs, cheese....etc. None of the above? Low calorie snacks. :)

No.. Your best bet is to eat foods you like.. practice portion control and make sure you exercise and eat at a deficit.

Plus, Vegan/Vegetarian is generally a lifestyle not a diet. -
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Nutritionally speaking I would advise a well balanced diet consisting largely of nutrient dense whole foods...with a smattering of junk in there for your sanity. No food is going to burn fat...the oxidation of fat is all about energy balance/imbalance.

I shop primarily the outside of my grocery store and eat all of those foods...plenty of veg and a couple servings of fruit per day...lots of lean protein and healthy fats...and some ice cream for desert.