BMI

Options
I know it isn't the most accurate way of measuring but I've got my BMI down to 26, I was 36.5. It's took me 3 years but I did it and I am keeping the weight off. Feel better than I have done for years. :)

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    That's awesome congrats!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. So glad I found this app. I think I would have given up if it wasn't for the community here. Reading the posts has helped me stay focused and be patient. I love being 'slim' again. <3
  • layladrew26
    Options
    It's great isn't it. Yes I too only have 8lbs to be in the 'healthy bracket' but it's fine I'm happy. I haven't been this size since my early 20's and I'm loving life and loving food.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It’s a great feeling. Mine was 31 in December and now it’s 26.2. 7 more pounds and I’ll have a normal BMI for the first time that I can remember. Continued good wishes to you!
  • layladrew26
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. Best wishes to you all <3
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    My BMI was 45.6 before I started my weightless two years ago, currently 27.4, I'm so close, should be at my ideal weight in a few months.
  • SaunaSuit
    SaunaSuit Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow! tirowow! That is Fantastic~ Hats off to you and that gives me so much hope. you can leave me a note how you accomplished that it might give me a better outcome. thanks and Good night!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Nice! BMI < 25 was my goal this time for a few reasons. One is that I am male, 5'8" and of normal build; it's pretty accurate about what is healthy. Another reason is that it is a hard number that I didn't make up and I can't rationalize to change it. And finally because I set it as the upper limit that means if I want a bigger range for maintenance, I have to lose more weight, not give myself permission to gain. I made it and have been below it for about 2 months. I have been hovering at 160; 164 is 24.9. I am firmly committed to staying below 25.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I did nothing extra beyond calorie counting and walking 10k steps per day so I could eat more, you will get to your ideal weight too.
  • layladrew26
    Options
    How I did it? Eat exactly what I ate before, just less of it. I walk a bit more than I did. Having patience and read the posts here every couple of days. There are some wonderfully wise people on here who talk a lot of sense. Oh and don't believe the woo/bro science that come with slimming aids. They're in it to make money.
  • layladrew26
    Options
    Sorry about that saunasuit I thought you were talking to me. Well done everyone. It's a great achievement. Lets hope we don't get back into bad habits. I know I won't.