Cheat days?

Options
13»

Replies

• HeinekenMan
    HeinekenMan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So I just returned from the grocery store. My wife and I are going to split a Sam's Choice pizza. I missed breakfast. I don't normally do that, but I was busy with housework and kids. So my half of this pizza will be 1,000 calories. I'm allotting myself 1,800 per day. That's under the MFP recommended 2,300. So this pizza basically throws breakfast and lunch together for one greasy, fatty meal. It seems like I could be doing a lot worse. I also bought a bag of Reese's cups, the little ones. I bought some a few weeks ago and managed to eat no more than 2-3 a day. So I think I will be okay. Hopefully, this gets my energy up and my mood improves. Because the food I bought for the next few days isn't as exciting: Boca burgers, 97-percent fat free, 45-calorie hot dogs, salad fixins and fresh veggies. I had a big bag of cheesesticks in the cart. I would have been declared a hero by the wife and kids, but I realized that I was getting a little ridiculous. I tossed the cheesesticks back. It was like when a kid has to let a wild animal go on one of those sad movies where he finds it as a wee thing with a broken leg and nurses it back to health.

If you filled out your profile correctly, and MFP allotted you 2300 calories..why would you drop it another 500 calories? You need to fuel your body...food is that fuel. You wouldn't need a "cheat day" if you ate at a healthy deficit and ate the foods you enjoy...and you would have more energy.

Follow the system, and let the system work for you...don't make it more complicated or harder than it has to be. Eat at the proper healthy deficit...enjoy your food...exercise...eat back most, if not all your exercise calories. Track, be honest, and stick to it at least 90% of the time, also, be patient and you will see success.

This is probably what I needed to hear. I think I'm trying to squeeze one more pound of weight loss out of each week. And it seems like this is contributing to my mood issues and lack of energy.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    So I just returned from the grocery store. My wife and I are going to split a Sam's Choice pizza. I missed breakfast. I don't normally do that, but I was busy with housework and kids. So my half of this pizza will be 1,000 calories. I'm allotting myself 1,800 per day. That's under the MFP recommended 2,300. So this pizza basically throws breakfast and lunch together for one greasy, fatty meal. It seems like I could be doing a lot worse. I also bought a bag of Reese's cups, the little ones. I bought some a few weeks ago and managed to eat no more than 2-3 a day. So I think I will be okay. Hopefully, this gets my energy up and my mood improves. Because the food I bought for the next few days isn't as exciting: Boca burgers, 97-percent fat free, 45-calorie hot dogs, salad fixins and fresh veggies. I had a big bag of cheesesticks in the cart. I would have been declared a hero by the wife and kids, but I realized that I was getting a little ridiculous. I tossed the cheesesticks back. It was like when a kid has to let a wild animal go on one of those sad movies where he finds it as a wee thing with a broken leg and nurses it back to health.

If you filled out your profile correctly, and MFP allotted you 2300 calories..why would you drop it another 500 calories? You need to fuel your body...food is that fuel. You wouldn't need a "cheat day" if you ate at a healthy deficit and ate the foods you enjoy...and you would have more energy.

Follow the system, and let the system work for you...don't make it more complicated or harder than it has to be. Eat at the proper healthy deficit...enjoy your food...exercise...eat back most, if not all your exercise calories. Track, be honest, and stick to it at least 90% of the time, also, be patient and you will see success.

This is probably what I needed to hear. I think I'm trying to squeeze one more pound of weight loss out of each week. And it seems like this is contributing to my mood issues and lack of energy.

This is going to take patience...seriously. A year will go by quicker than you think and if you treat yourself right, you'll be down a lot of weight and you might actually have fun doing it.

This doesn't have to be hard, and when you drop weight and update your profile...you'll be stripped away of those calories and you will want them back! LOL

Seriously, if you don't have the patience for 2 lbs a week...then you need to come back and try again when you're ready. Rushing it will do nothing but make you cranky, bitter, hungry, and you will binge, then feel guilty, say this is too hard, and give up...then come back and say that you tried this calorie counting thing and it just didn't work for you.
  • hunterman95
    hunterman95 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

This is going to take patience...seriously. A year will go by quicker than you think and if you treat yourself right, you'll be down a lot of weight and you might actually have fun doing it.

This doesn't have to be hard, and when you drop weight and update your profile...you'll be stripped away of those calories and you will want them back! LOL

Seriously, if you don't have the patience for 2 lbs a week...then you need to come back and try again when you're ready. Rushing it will do nothing but make you cranky, bitter, hungry, and you will binge, then feel guilty, say this is too hard, and give up...then come back and say that you tried this calorie counting thing and it just didn't work for you.

This^^^ don't rush it. As someone who just passed one year, and lost about what you are trying to lose, I can tell you it will be here quicker than you think. Eat your 2300 calories, and enjoy it while you can! Lol

I had nothing but cheat days for some 35+ years, I'd say I've used them all up! Lol. That said, I do have days that I allow myself to go over, but not without a reason (holiday, birthday, vacation, etc.). Those days I eat whatever I want, just not however much I want. This past thanksgiving for example, I figured out how many calories I had eaten in past years, then allowed myself to eat half that much. Half was still way over my calorie goal, but still much better than what i used to do. I could still eat everything I always had on thanksgiving, just not the huge quantities I always did.
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a cheat day for me :laugh:
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    does this mean you are eating more then your weekly calories or are you still within them?