Good Food, Bad Food

Options
124»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I agree. There was a time when pizza was "bad" and if I ate a slice of it I might as well eat my fill. Now that pizza is good and I need to temper my intake I eat a big salad and wait for a bit to indulge. When carb heavy treats were bad it was the same thing. Now that they are good I plan to have enough protein with them to keep them from cycling my hunger.

Taking the guilt component out allows me to approach the food more sensibly.

Yeah but that's why MFP helps too. Log it, still fits in your calories, move on. At least it worked for me.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Yeah but that's why MFP helps too. Log it, still fits in your calories, move on. At least it worked for me.

Oh I totally agree. MFP definitely helps fit the puzzle pieces together. If used properly it also educates and helps with personal experimentation. If you are hungrier at 2pm on one day but not the previous comparing macros and lunch calories might lend an answer. I wanted to see how I would respond to a low carb (50-60) week. Found out it for me it was overkill. I am just fine being what I call "carb aware".

It is sad some people see it as the calorie overlord that makes them miserable.

ETA: It is also sad some people jump into a flavor diet with restrictions before just giving MFP a month and doing a little experimentation.