Sweet snack

Options
normav67
normav67 Posts: 9 Member
I’ve been craving for chocolate lately at night can anybody give me a healthier sweet snack And low and calories.

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your chocolate. Or opt for a chocolate protein bar... Oh Yeah and Grenade make pretty good ones.
  • normav67
    Options
    Thank you guys
  • JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Try the Rx Bar -Chocolate Sea Salt- they're made with all natural chocolate and egg white proteins. Good stuff and a cure for the sweet tooth that also has 12g of protein. They aren't bad tasting like most protein bars, which I hate personally lol.
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely chocolate dessert tonight. 150 grams of Skyr (Icelandic yogurt) with 8 grams unsweetened cocoa powder, and about a gram of canderel sweetener. It sorted my chocolate craving and helped me hit my protein target :smile:
  • Roger15Z
    Roger15Z Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'll put a serving of chocolate chips in my yogurt desert to get my fix and still reap the benefits the yogurt, I just plan and log accordingly.
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    the brownie batter hummus is really good, I eat it with apple slices or teddy grahams
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    No Pudge Brownie Mix makes great low calorie brownies. Comes in all sorts of flavors too (original, mint, raspberry, cappuccino). Only thing that sucks is you most likely have to order through Amazon as most stores no longer carry it.
  • michaelchance007
    michaelchance007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dark
    Chocolate is good as you only need a small bit. Or try halva it’s very sweet and you only need a small bit also
  • gffs
    gffs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you're craving chocolate regularly, you may be low in magnesium. I was a chocolate addict before I started taking magnesium daily (250 - 1000 mg/day). Now, I only eat a piece once in a while and I can stop at just one or two pieces. Americans are often low in magnesium which also can help your bowel movements. You'll know if you've taken too much.

Regarding the snack, prunes and plums sweet and low in calories. Halva is delicious but definitely not low in calories (at least the sesame based halva).

And sometimes, you should just eat the chocolate, especially dark chocolate. Try to use the higher quality chocolate that is full of cocoa butters but not as high in sugar.
  • turnerfamilyof3
    turnerfamilyof3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oikos pure zero Greek yogurt (vanilla), a few strawberry’s, half a banana sliced, a few blueberries, and a tiny bit of real granola is so yum and not too bad for you.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that said 2 small squares of dark chocolate and of course the greek yoghurt :) Strawberries are low cals too. I am a coffee lover so go for coffee too.
  • normav67
    Options
    You guys are awesome thank you
  • rloates91
    rloates91 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make my own cacao bliss balls. They have dates, oats, coconut and cacao (but can use coco powder). They are really yum and taste like chocolate and less than 150 calories each. Can also add penut butter for variation. I freeze mine so I don't over eat them.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Go for a run, save up those extra calories and have a chocolate bar. As long as you stay in your caloric recommendations, there is nothing wrong with a Snickers.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Halo top chocolate ice cream or fiber one chocolate brownies?