Help me with the last 10/12

Options
My current weight fluctuates from 139 to 141. I started at 170 and my absolute dream is to be 130 by June 21. Has anyone lost this much in this confined time (less than 2 months) and can offer me any advice i feel so lost and helpless.

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    It's doable, you just have to be strict and not let up, or kid yourself about how your logging is. I'd say settle on being happy for 5lbs rather than 10, though.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If you're already in a calorie deficit at that weight then it will be a push. If you're about to start a diet then yeah you may lose a lot of water weight initially then a few lbs of fat gradually.

On the bright side, no one can really 'see' 5lbs of fat distributed across your whole body so it's really just you that would know your perceived shortfall
  • JeanSmiles59
    JeanSmiles59 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You know that a 2 lb fluctuation in weight is normal and should be expected. What is your BMI? If you are in the healthy BMI range the make sure that additional weight loss is healthy and not just to get into super-model slim territory. Plus, a weight range on the lower end of your BMI is harder to maintain. Good luck and be healthy!
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost 15lb in the last 8 weeks, despite a planned diet break, and I'm currently within 7lb of goal; so yes, it can be done.

However, judging from your goal weight I'm rather taller than you are so have more calories to play with. You may find it difficult to get a sufficient deficit without going under the 1200 minimum. That's one reason it's generally recommended that you only aim for 0.5 lb per week when you're close to your goal weight

(I know that's a bit 'do as I say, not as I do', but I'm not actually trying to lose weight that quickly; it just sort of seems to happen. I'm already worrying about how I'm going to manage maintenance.)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    The leaner we get the harder it is. You would have to exhaust a fairly extreme deficit, this is not very healthy. With the amount you have to lose your calorie deficit should be .5 per week.

I am unsure why this amount of weight you want to lose is making you feel lost and helpless, if you buckle down and create you a small deficit. stick to weighing food and logging accurately and keeping your activity/exercise (if you exercise) consistent the process will work.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I meant to ask why you feel 'lost and helpless'. You know you can lose weight, you've already lost most of it. What's the issue with doing some more of that?

If you're on a plateau, then you're going to need to provide some more information and open your diary before anyone can offer useful advice.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I started off losing .5 lb a week with just diet alone. I find it very hard to eat less than 1500 cal/day. To get that other .5 lb a week off, I make sure to add in 1800 cal worth of exercise. For me, that is crossfit 3x a week and running at least 6 miles a week. Running is what works best for me for burning calories. The crossfit it mainly because that is what I love and enjoy doing.